PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone out there still come on this forum after having their hair cut short?

lady G
July 30th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Just wondered if anyone out there still lurks on here after having their hair cut shorter or even back to a short style?!!!!!!! or those of you who have given up trying to grow long hair....... do you still pop on here now and then to read posts etc?:) I like coming on here to read hair care tips and see progress of others even though I have gone back to a short graduated bob (chin length) and plan to stay there :)

Buddaphlyy
July 30th, 2008, 11:13 AM
The forum being called the long hair community has never stopped me and my ear length hair from coming around. Overall I think it's actually focused more on healthy hair than anything. Right now I'm only partially focusing on length goals, but I still come around.

akurah
July 30th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Dvips currently has short hair. I don't know if she's growing again or not. Pegs also stuck around after a chop to pixie, but I am fairly certain she's growing again.

Stagecoach
July 30th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I too was thinking of Pegs. I don't think there's any rule that you have to leave if you cut. So if your still interested in hair care... stick around!

orangeeyecrayon
July 30th, 2008, 12:22 PM
there are quite a few members that have shorter hair and have no intresst in growing it longer.
for them this board becomes more about keeping there healthy than anything else

bex487
July 30th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I just cut my hair almost two weeks ago, and still come! I enjoy the people, and I enjoy passing along hair tips-just because I no longer have long hair, doesn't mean I don't enjoy having *healthy* hair!

harpgal
July 30th, 2008, 12:43 PM
lady G, if you would like to stay, please feel free to do so. I'm sure you have made a few friends here and there is nothing wrong with hanging around. However, there is something wrong if a person with short hair starts telling all of us that we must cut our long hair. :)

lady G
July 30th, 2008, 02:10 PM
lady G, if you would like to stay, please feel free to do so. I'm sure you have made a few friends here and there is nothing wrong with hanging around. However, there is something wrong if a person with short hair starts telling all of us that we must cut our long hair. :)

haha no way would I ever preach that! you lucky ladies with the long hair have manes thick enough to look marvellous long! If my hair looked like that long I would grow mine :D but alas it doesn't :( so my option is shorter which looks much better on me :) its nice just to pop in and read posts etc

SchnauzerMom
July 30th, 2008, 03:56 PM
I had mine cut not too long ago. Sometimes I say I want to keep it short but then again I want long hair. Right now I'm in a growing out phase. Hope it lasts.

LisaButz2001
July 30th, 2008, 03:58 PM
I'm curious Lady G, you never saw one member with hair similar to yours that looked long and lovely and gave you hope? From the tone of the last post you made, you sounded as if you were settling for short, but really, REALLY want it long.

Rini
July 30th, 2008, 06:55 PM
I cut mine last year and took a leave of absence from the boards for a while. I still kept in touch though. I'm back now more regularly as I experience the challenges of growing hair again. I never felt excluded for my decision to cut (quite the opposite!)

Funnily, I never really notice the length of members hair (unless they have pics).

EmpressRi
July 30th, 2008, 08:27 PM
I'm doing more cutting than trimming because I have a bit of damage, but I surely am trying to keep length. I love long hair! But I know the ladies would say quality over quantity, and that's why I still come.

Pegasus Marsters
July 30th, 2008, 08:34 PM
HAha, yes. *raises hand*

detritus
July 31st, 2008, 12:06 AM
I just had a sizeable bit of hair cut today, and I'm sticking around. I still plan on growing it long, but I decided that I'd rather cut off the henna and deal with it being shorter for a while longer than continue to have two-toned hair. So I'm back to a short shag about 6 inches all around. I have another couple inches of red hair to chop off, so I'll probably be at this length for a few more months before I focus on gaining length. I continue to learn a lot about improving the health of my hair and accepting it for what it naturally is--blonde, fine, and wavy--without trying to change it.

lady G
July 31st, 2008, 01:03 AM
I'm curious Lady G, you never saw one member with hair similar to yours that looked long and lovely and gave you hope? From the tone of the last post you made, you sounded as if you were settling for short, but really, REALLY want it long.

umm maybe....... but seriously I have tried for long hair and as soon as it gets to my shoulders maybe not even that far it gets all thin on the ends etc and looks rubbish, I have inherited my mums hair type she is exactly the same as me! but no I love my new bob hairdo :) I think i will experiment with colour more now as I don't have to worry so much about damage when I know its getting regular maintenance trims. yes I love long hair but sometimes I think you have to accept what nature gave you and work with that:)

Chrissy
July 31st, 2008, 06:09 AM
I raise my hand with Pegs. See my siggy. I am now regrowing however as I miss my long hair. When I first cut I asked if I should leave (I didn't want to.) Many of these wonderful people encouraged me to stay. That was before I had decided to regrow. I've been here for years so it would have made me sad to leave. Now I'm on the growing journey again. I'm glad you're sticking around.

RedCardigan
July 31st, 2008, 07:19 AM
More than once, actually.:\

I cut mine all off back in Sept. and immediately regretted it. Now I'm growing it out,again, but seriously debating whether or not I'm going to try and get it LONG long again.

I'll stay here no matter what I decided, I love long hair and I LOVE it here because no-one is telling us that once we're past a certain age we shouldn't have long hair anymore.

Dvips
July 31st, 2008, 07:55 AM
Yup - as someone mentioned, I've cut my hair. It is currently above-shoulder length.

I don't have any plans for my hair - short, long, bleached blonde, return-to-brunette; who knows? I will eventually grow it back to at least BSL, but I don't know when that will be. Heck, while I'm not trying to grow, it may even be time for a perm! :eyebrows:

At least being at LHC will help me take care of it, regardless of what torture I commit. ;)

lady G
July 31st, 2008, 08:19 AM
Yup - as someone mentioned, I've cut my hair. It is currently above-shoulder length.

I don't have any plans for my hair - short, long, bleached blonde, return-to-brunette; who knows? I will eventually grow it back to at least BSL, but I don't know when that will be. Heck, while I'm not trying to grow, it may even be time for a perm! :eyebrows:

At least being at LHC will help me take care of it, regardless of what torture I commit. ;)

hahha yeah why not have some fun with it while its shorter :D well I am glad to see I am not alone here with my chin length short hair lol :) and still visiting this forum:)

papillon
August 1st, 2008, 11:15 PM
well, I've logged back in to check things out again! :D I've had a short cut for a few months. But the last trim was somewhat of a disaster. Seriously, think of any long-hair trim nightmare story. And this was after the girl told me how healthy my mid-length hair was. :suspect:

I'm not too sure if I'm liking a short cut, but I wasn't too thrilled with my hair when it was long either. I'm planning on growing it out and trying to find a good length where my hair is happy... I think that might be a bit below shoulder length. :hmm:

Tap Dancer
August 3rd, 2008, 05:48 AM
I've been here for almost 4 years and I've cut my hair several times. Last summer I cut it shorter than ever but I stuck around. I'm currently growing again but, as usual, I'm not sure how long it'll get before I cut it again.

Cinnamon.locks
August 11th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Even after cutting from TBL to Shoulder in 2007 i continue to visit and share, since i'm growing long again, it has helped me to take better care of my hair so i recommend that even after cutting short, people should continue visiting this site and searching for tips and tricks.

MariaAZ
August 11th, 2008, 07:33 PM
My guilty confession; I've referred quite a few people to this forum who don't have, or care to have, long hair. They were looking for information on hair care that isn't "mainstream", like water only washing, hennaing, etc. I don't know if any joined, but several told me they were quite impressed with the wide variety of hair care info available here.

Even though I've gone through stages of ignoring my hair, I generally stop by and read posts to catch up on what everyone's doing. And, if I were to decide to cut my hair short, I'd still hang around because it just is an awesome place :)

Solitude
August 11th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Good question. I was wondering the same thing.

Depends on what one considers short. Even if I cut a lot off, the hair cutters will still count the remaining length as long when charging their fees.

Lady G, I have the same problem. Thin at the ends. Although, it is ok past shoulder, it gets thinner by bsl and waist compared to the thickness at the neck.

Could just get another big chop and start all over, but the results probably aren't going to change much.

Unofficial_Rose
August 12th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Me! I've just been chopped back to bob-length after some highlights which went a bit, ahem, green. I need to update my avatar as it's still showing shoulder-length hair.

I'm nursing it back to health with olive-oil overnight, SMT in day plus a bit of coconut oil/hask placenta whilst drying.

I wondered whether to leave as I feel a bit of a fraud. My new bob looks great, in fact probably better than long would. But I've learned so much about how to make my hair look healthy, and also people are lovely here :D

If you all aren't leaving, may be I can stay too...

darl_in1
August 12th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Yep...me too. I cut back from past tail-bone (it was about 44" and mid-butt when I cut it) to just below shoulders. I might grow it a bit longer...say APL? Then again I might not!

I came for the hair and stayed for the community.

Meri
August 12th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Totally! Came for the hair, stayed for the community.

glitterati
August 12th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Oh, definitely. Since I've been a member, I've gone from BSL to a bob back to BSL, and now it's APL. This site has been invaluable for tips on having healthy hair for me, at whatever length.