PDA

View Full Version : Clarifying/Diagnosis question

Nedertane
June 1st, 2012, 10:58 AM
The other day, I felt I should clarify my hair because it was feeling waxy up at the top, and rather snarly on the ends. The oiliness/waxiness cleared up fairly quickly, but when I was detangling my hair afterwards, I noticed I was shedding more hair than normal. Granted, it wasn't in clump-fulls or anything, so it wasn't an alarming amount, but I still found it rather odd. My guess is that I just sort of "shook up" the old hairs from their roots, so they've just shed a little earlier than they would have had I gone with my normal routine. I still want to know, though, if that's pretty much normal to lose more hairs after clarifying?

As for the snarliness, however, that took a couple of days, because I eventually found out that I shouldn't be using my favorite type of leave-in conditioner. The kind I've been using has keratin in it, and thus, protein, so things were fine after I switched to the non-keratin version of this brand of leave-in. My second question, then, is whether this means my hair is getting healthier. I started using this product when I was still using some heat on my hair, but now that I've cut out heat and I moisturize more, it causes that snarliness.

So, in short, should be concerned at all with losing more hairs during clarifying, and does a decreased need for protein mean anything about the health of my hair? Thanks for any help here, guys. :)