PDA

View Full Version : Panetene, Which ONE???

RitaCeleste
June 1st, 2012, 10:08 AM
Okay, I picked up some Panetene Relaxed and Natural for women of color conditioner and really love it. I see tons of their products I want to try now. My hair is medium thick, wavy, coarse and frizzy. Does the frizz control on the curly products work? How about the the thick hair formula? Which one should I be trying next?

julierockhead
June 1st, 2012, 10:13 AM
I have heard great things around here about pantene ice shine conditioner, it's coney though.

faellen
June 1st, 2012, 10:18 AM
I LOVE Ice Shine.

RitaCeleste
June 1st, 2012, 10:22 AM
I am embracing the cones! I am using the Pantene just like I used AOHR and getting good results from doing it.

luxepiggy
June 1st, 2012, 10:29 AM
Ice Shine!! The damage repair ampoules for med-thick hair are great too. Yey for 'cones! (^(oo)^)v

lapushka
June 1st, 2012, 11:05 AM
Okay, I picked up some Panetene Relaxed and Natural for women of color conditioner and really love it.

This one, I believe has sodium hydroxide (lye) in it.

RitaCeleste
June 1st, 2012, 12:43 PM
I checked my bottle and it doesn't list it in there? Maybe they changed it? It would be really odd for lye to be the conditioner though. Lye does some nice things, conditioning isn't one of them though. I picked up the Ice Shine and the formula for curly hair to try as well. I have my daughter testing them with me.

lapushka
June 1st, 2012, 12:52 PM
I checked my bottle and it doesn't list it in there? Maybe they changed it? It would be really odd for lye to be the conditioner though. Lye does some nice things, conditioning isn't one of them though.

I think I might have been mistakenly referring to the shampoo.

RitaCeleste
June 1st, 2012, 01:15 PM
I don't use much shampoo. I just picked up the Moisture Renewal shampoo to use with everything. I only intend to use it if and when I get build-up. They shouldn't add lye to any product marketed for natural hair as well as treated. The way I read it, you could use it on relaxed hair but I didn't read it would relax your hair. I must have missed something. I looked it up and sodium chloride was listed in several, and guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride was used in the dandruff one. The citric acid is in everything and I'm mildly allergic to that stuff but its in so much I'm not surprised.

Copasetic
June 2nd, 2012, 09:58 AM
I love the conditioner for curly hair. I also really like the winter rescue one, but it is only available during cold months.

RitaCeleste
June 2nd, 2012, 10:19 AM
Great! That's the other one I picked up. I've been playing with my hair a bit since I found some good conditioners. I use to buy a bunch of products and never be happy with any of them. My ends were always impossible to condition properly. Maybe its that I'm oiling now too? The Relaxed and Natural one for black hair makes my hair feel stronger and more protected than the Ice Shine one but not as silky and curly. I'm gonna have to test the one for curly hair and see if I can get soft, protected, and wavy. I'm trying out their detangler for fine hair on my daughter's hair as well.

constructamane
June 2nd, 2012, 11:42 AM
I use their Beautiful Lengths shampoo, condish and deep condish (1x/wk) for shiny hair, and I love it....probably has cones though

akilina
June 2nd, 2012, 11:51 AM
Even if it was made with lye they would not sell a product with that unless it was cured. Lye is very very caustic and will burn badly on contact? Ever seen Fight Club? Ever accidentally got some lye on your skin? I have. My mom makes soap and uses lye and after 2 weeks it is cured and ready to use :)
Anyway..off topic haha...
I have used panteen Ice shine before at my moms house and I actually liked it. Definitely wouldn't use it on a daily basis though or even buy any these days. It makes my hair waxy and I've heard alot about how they are not a cruelty free product. I am not super crazy about buying everything cruelty free but it is a plus to me if it is.
For a while there I actually did use "Panteen Beautiful Lengths" And I do recall that I actually liked it :) This was before I wanted to take care of my hair.

RitaCeleste
June 2nd, 2012, 12:41 PM
Bunnies are eating my garden! I don't care if Pantene shampoos a few bunnies. I'd just shoot these and get it over with but still I don't really care if a bunny gets a terrible rash so I don't have to. I used AOHR for awhile, I went sulfate free and co-washed only for ages. Then I needed some shampoo anyways because I got buildup. Go figure. I just don't think the product for black hair ever had lye in it. I think it part of the myths that go around that white people can't use products for black hair and black people can't use products for white hair kind of things. I have dry, chemically treated hair so products for black hair have a better shot of impressing my usually. Also my genes are highly suspect! lol

luxepiggy
June 2nd, 2012, 07:01 PM
Bunnies are eating my garden! I don't care if Pantene shampoos a few bunnies.

LOL! (^(oo)^)`