PDA

View Full Version : I know I am being silly.

Venefica
June 1st, 2012, 01:45 AM
I know that I am being silly but I got really worried when I found between 30 and 50 hairs in my hairbrush when I brushed my hair hair out to oil it today. Now I know that it is normal to loose between 30 and 100 hairs each day, and I have not brushed my hair for two days as it have been kept in buns and a braid and not needed it and I have only lost a hair now and again which have escaped the braid during those days, but I still panic when I see such an amount of hairs in my brush. Do I need to worry?

Falcore
June 1st, 2012, 01:54 AM
I wouldn't worry at all - especially because you'd hadn't brushed your hair in two days - the shed hairs would have accumulated.

Relax.. :) Your hair is absolutely beautiful too, btw.

fridgee
June 1st, 2012, 01:56 AM
It depends how much is normal for you to lose. It sounds absolutely fine to me, especially if its just a one off. :flower: if you notice consistently higher shedding rates over a month or so then you can start trying to work out if anything is happening. It can be pretty disconcerting when you get more than normal, but hopefully it's just because you hadn't brushed as regularly as normal. :)

natural_shine
June 1st, 2012, 02:05 AM
I know that I am being silly but I got really worried when I found between 30 and 50 hairs in my hairbrush when I brushed my hair hair out to oil it today. Now I know that it is normal to loose between 30 and 100 hairs each day, and I have not brushed my hair for two days as it have been kept in buns and a braid and not needed it and I have only lost a hair now and again which have escaped the braid during those days, but I still panic when I see such an amount of hairs in my brush. Do I need to worry?

Oh, I'd worry a bit. If you want to get to a normal lenght it's ok, but if you want it past BSL, you need to think a bit how thick the hemline is going to be if you shed hair all the time.

You can minimize the shedding with some biotin and/or masks.

Venefica
June 1st, 2012, 02:06 AM
My shedding rates vary allot sometimes I get only a couple of hairs in my brush, but usually I actually shed quite a bit, my hair is thick and do not seam to loose any ponytail circumference though but it is not usual for me to loose 20 hairs during my daily brush through, and a few over the day. I find long black hairs everywhere bit I have always been like this. My robots do not like it though as they always get hairs tangled up in their gears and then I have half hour of job at the least to fix them. Yes I collect robots. My mother say that because my hair is so thick there is so much hair on my head I have to expect quite a few of them to shed each day as well. But it still makes me nervous.

Falcoe thank you for the compliment you are very kind.

letibear
June 1st, 2012, 07:23 AM
Looks like you have gorgeous thick hair, I wouldn't worry, especially since you had not brushed your hair in a couple of days. Also, extra stress and worrying certainly wouldn't help if there was a problem! :)

You will start to notice if your hair is falling out in large amounts compared to what is normal for you, at which point I would seek a doctor's advice on the cause and finding a remedy. Good luck!

swearnsue
June 1st, 2012, 07:49 AM
You said you oiled your hair today? Are you going to wash later? If so, clean and wash your brush also then later tonight when your hair and brush are dry, gently brush and see how many hairs you get. I bet you will only get one or two! When I see a lot of hair in my brush I initially panic for a moment and then remember I didn't brush the day before!

RitaCeleste
June 1st, 2012, 09:44 AM
I usually wear my hair down. But if I finally get it up and it isn't pulling anywhere, I leave it for two or three days. For me the hairs add up and coming out of the bun it feels as if I'm gonna fill up the brush. Its the same OMG if I have been lazy about brushing and its down, not quiet as bad but bad too. With my hair down I usually brush it several times a day and get a few hairs each time so I don't notice but the brush fills up eventually. Clean your brush, go back to wearing it down for a few days and look at your brush at the end of two days, uncleaned to get an idea of what is going on with it.

Madora
June 1st, 2012, 10:26 AM
No worries, Venefica! Your shedding is perfectly normal. If you do not brush daily, then when you do brush you'll probably notice more hair than usual, because you didn't brush the day before.

And to get the most out of brushing, be sure your bristles are free of caught hairs.

shutterpillar
June 1st, 2012, 10:31 AM
I think 30-50 isn't anything to be concerned about. I easily loose 100+ hairs in the shower.

Wildcat Diva
June 1st, 2012, 11:43 AM
I had a couple of scary shed moments when I did a castor oil scalp massage, then again with an SMT. Just a hand pulling through and lots of hair coming out, like "Wow! Geez!" These moments have not turned into anything more so far, so if your situation is similar I would not worry.

There is one Indian oil I was reading about on here that was supposed to help shedding. "Neel..."something. I am sure that you would be able to try that if you begin to have a problem. Worrying is no use, just think about what actions you will try to take if you do notice a pattern of shedding that is of a concern.

Venefica
June 2nd, 2012, 08:53 AM
Thank you all for the advice all, I like I said know I am being silly but I still get iiiik moments. Usually I bush every day, but when my sleeping braid one day still looked good when I woke up I determined that I did not need to do it that day.

spidermom
June 2nd, 2012, 09:00 AM
I pull a wad out of my brush every day or two. It would never occur to me to count them. I tell myself shedding is normal and double-check my health habits.

natt i nord
June 2nd, 2012, 09:03 AM
You only need to worry when your circumference is getting less. I'm loosing well to 100 hairs a day, but it seems to be normal for me, as my circumference is steady at around 2,7".

Alvrodul
June 2nd, 2012, 03:47 PM
I tend to shed a lot when I do an oil treatment. Or so it seems. I rather think that the treatments enourages the hairs that are ready to be shed to do so.

ladylowtide
June 2nd, 2012, 04:25 PM
I probably she between 70- 120 hairs a day. And since I have joined LHC my pony circumference has gone from 2.75 to 3.5"

So I wouldn't worry about. Sometimes you just shed more. Sometimes you don't. It happens.

Venefica
June 3rd, 2012, 10:57 AM
I do not seam to be loosing any circumference around the ponytail, in fact I measured it today and half of what I lost when I had to cut some way because of that tangle I got is now back. I had 11 cm, then I was at 10 cm and now I am at 10,5, so it is going up not down. Perhaps I should not count the hairs I pull out of my bush, I would worry less. :P