PDA

View Full Version : Where do you S&D?

IvanaGil
June 1st, 2012, 01:28 AM
Hey everyone! Lately, I've been s&d-ing so much that I forget where I am and who can see me (not that I care). I s&d literally wherever I am, no matter how creepy I look!
To list a few places:

- On the bus
- On the train
- In the mall
- Waiting in line at a store
- Walking around in Target
- In the bathroom (lol)
- In bed
- In the kitchen...

Where do you s&d?

tgagurl27
June 1st, 2012, 03:10 AM
Hahaha Walking around the store lol that's dangerous.. I S&D in the car but if anyone walks past I put the scissors down because I'm not that comfortable with people seeing me cutting my own hair. People are so snobbish about self cutting hair. When I tell people that I cut my own hair they're always soo surprised and say something like "err I'd never cut my own hair". Haha so at this stage I S&D in private. Although I was in a meeting the other day and found heaps of splits and I was thinking to myself if only I could just get out a pair of scissors and snip away haha

IvanaGil
June 1st, 2012, 03:15 AM
Hahaha Walking around the store lol that's dangerous.. I S&D in the car but if anyone walks past I put the scissors down because I'm not that comfortable with people seeing me cutting my own hair. People are so snobbish about self cutting hair. When I tell people that I cut my own hair they're always soo surprised and say something like "err I'd never cut my own hair". Haha so at this stage I S&D in private. Although I was in a meeting the other day and found heaps of splits and I was thinking to myself if only I could just get out a pair of scissors and snip away haha

I know what you mean. People often look at me weird, but I ignore them. I totally would have pulled out scissors if I was in your position lol! :p

Amber_Maiden
June 1st, 2012, 06:06 AM
I've done it while sitting in the back of one of my university classes.

Madora
June 1st, 2012, 07:15 AM
In the bathroom, where the light is best.

Knotted
June 1st, 2012, 07:36 AM
In front of the computer. And yesterday I did it in my car at lunch for the first time.

swearnsue
June 1st, 2012, 07:52 AM
5 years in the future, sitting by my swimming pool, drinking a strawberry daquari!

Tisiloves
June 1st, 2012, 08:00 AM
In front of a nice white computer screen.

IvanaGil
June 1st, 2012, 11:07 AM
5 years in the future, sitting by my swimming pool, drinking a strawberry daquari!

Lol! :disco:

auburntressed
June 1st, 2012, 11:12 AM
I do about 90% of my s&d'ing while sitting at my desk at work. My co-workers accept my quirks without comment. It helps that they are older men whose children are older than me. They have no idea what is "normal" for a woman of my age to do!

The rest of the time, I sit on the edge of my bed in front of the window.

heidi w.
June 1st, 2012, 11:23 AM
Hey everyone! Lately, I've been s&d-ing so much that I forget where I am and who can see me (not that I care). I s&d literally wherever I am, no matter how creepy I look!
To list a few places:

- On the bus
- On the train
- In the mall
- Waiting in line at a store
- Walking around in Target
- In the bathroom (lol)
- In bed
- In the kitchen...

Where do you s&d?

Be careful. If there's any kind of movement or bump, it can mean you're cutting at an angle or even cutting a perfectly fine hair. You're addicted, I'd say. I don't even carry scissors with me anymore. I got that bad at one time.

heidi w.

spidermom
June 1st, 2012, 11:29 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about the prospect of little snips of hair floating around in public places, getting on other people's clothing, etc. It seems not very nice a thing to do.

Most of the time, I S&D in our truck. The background is dark and the light is good. I'm the one who cleans out the truck when it needs to be done, so it's all good.

Also sometimes at my work desk. I have a lamp at my work station that illuminates my hair pretty well, though not as good as the natural light in the truck.

Ticky
June 1st, 2012, 11:32 AM
I do it at my desk. It is white and I can see them and clean up easily, but I can't remember the last time I did it.

Ligeia_13
June 1st, 2012, 11:35 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about the prospect of little snips of hair floating around in public places, getting on other people's clothing, etc. It seems not very nice a thing to do.

I was going to say, it seems pretty rude. When I S&D, the amount of hair in my bathroom sink afterwards is quite substantial. And also there's your answer as to where I do it :p

trolleypup
June 1st, 2012, 12:00 PM
Where I have good lighting (direct sun and a dark background) and time. Often this means I do it in a vehicle.

neko_kawaii
June 1st, 2012, 01:28 PM
On the back porch.

PrairieRose
June 1st, 2012, 01:31 PM
I often S&D near a window or sitting outside.

IvanaGil
June 1st, 2012, 01:54 PM
Be careful. If there's any kind of movement or bump, it can mean you're cutting at an angle or even cutting a perfectly fine hair. You're addicted, I'd say. I don't even carry scissors with me anymore. I got that bad at one time.

heidi w.

I am addicted. What do you mean by cutting at an angle? :confused:

alwayssmiling
June 1st, 2012, 01:59 PM
sitting infront of a computer screen (can see splits well)
In the car or in the garden is best light for white dots. S&Ding passes time on a long journey.

Ocelan
June 1st, 2012, 02:02 PM
Sitting on the sofa backrest near the window or on the balcony, on a sunny day. Even though I always seem to find the split end suckers when I'm somewhere public and don't have my scissors with me. I don't carry them with me anyway though.
I don't feel it would be suitable for me to cut my splits in public places. I hear enough about how odd I am with all my hair things from my DBF. My friends probably would be ok with it but then again they know I'm a bit odd in other things too.

MintChocChip
June 1st, 2012, 02:05 PM
I'm afraid I don't S & D at all. I'm too scared I'll mess it up and somehow end up with hair up to my chin!

PolarCathy
June 1st, 2012, 02:40 PM
LOL this is awkward but in my office, in front of the computer :) but only when everybody left.. I used to stay long.

Kittykins
June 1st, 2012, 04:09 PM
Usually in front of the computer.

Modarunner
June 1st, 2012, 05:01 PM
Anywhere there is natural sunlight. I always find the most split ends when the sun is shining on my hair.

l'inconnue
June 1st, 2012, 06:59 PM
I try to contain it at home, due to the mess. But as others have noted, the car seems to provide the best light!

Dovetail
June 1st, 2012, 07:14 PM
Oh my gosh! I'm glad I found this thread. I was thinking last week of making one
I've been sort of overly addicted to S&D. :D
In front of the tv, copmuter, at work when it's slow, riding in the car, when I should be cleaning the house, on the patio, (at the pool!) I felt I was kind of odd. It's nice to see others are just as bad :couch:

IvanaGil
June 1st, 2012, 11:10 PM
Oh my gosh! I'm glad I found this thread. I was thinking last week of making one
I've been sort of overly addicted to S&D. :D
In front of the tv, copmuter, at work when it's slow, riding in the car, when I should be cleaning the house, on the patio, (at the pool!) I felt I was kind of odd. It's nice to see others are just as bad :couch:

Lol you are definitely not alone! :disco:

NativeGirl
June 1st, 2012, 11:33 PM
I S&D when and where I can. I'm rarely ever at home when I think to S&D. I've done it in the car, in the bathroom at various places, I've done it a couple of time during class - for some reason I always notice the monster splits during class and I can't imagine ignoring it until the end of class for the fear of never finding it again. When I S&D, I only ever snip a handful at most, so I don't feel particularly guilty for doing it in public. If I need to do more, I wait until I get home.

IvanaGil
June 1st, 2012, 11:40 PM
I S&D when and where I can. I'm rarely ever at home when I think to S&D. I've done it in the car, in the bathroom at various places, I've done it a couple of time during class - for some reason I always notice the monster splits during class and I can't imagine ignoring it until the end of class for the fear of never finding it again. When I S&D, I only ever snip a handful at most, so I don't feel particularly guilty for doing it in public. If I need to do more, I wait until I get home.

Exactly! With split ends, it's now or never. If I don't get them when I see them, I'll probably never find it again.

MagicAndMayhem
June 1st, 2012, 11:48 PM
I did it at work once in my cube...I think a few coworkers saw me oops.

Darkessa
June 1st, 2012, 11:52 PM
Primarily in my Bedroom.
That can range from my computer chair, to my bed while watching TV. :)

Jing
June 2nd, 2012, 03:07 AM
Only in the bathroom, but I can only get my front layers in proper view, and I never find any splits or white dots or anything. It's a bit frustrating really. I mean there must be splits in there somewhere, surely!

Zindell
June 2nd, 2012, 03:35 AM
In my conservatory. The light is perfect there.

I don't think I could ever do it in public! :D

PolarCathy
June 2nd, 2012, 04:03 AM
What I'm wondering abut all of you doing it in weird places (car, public, ...) - with what? Do you always carry a pair of scissors with you wherever you go? Because I thought it was weird that I kept a pair of scissors in my office for that purpose alone but it's even weirder for me to imagine what random tools you may be using for S&D-ing when you just discover a split, say, in the car. Nail clippers? Or how?

IvanaGil
June 2nd, 2012, 06:31 AM
What I'm wondering abut all of you doing it in weird places (car, public, ...) - with what? Do you always carry a pair of scissors with you wherever you go? Because I thought it was weird that I kept a pair of scissors in my office for that purpose alone but it's even weirder for me to imagine what random tools you may be using for S&D-ing when you just discover a split, say, in the car. Nail clippers? Or how?

I actually keep my s&d scissors in a small pocket of my purse, so it's easily accessible...and I don't go ANYWHERE without my purse lol

trolleypup
June 2nd, 2012, 10:59 AM
I always keep my hair kit with me. S&D scissors, spare hair stick, spare hair elastic, wood comb.

PolarCathy
June 3rd, 2012, 02:42 AM
I always keep my hair kit with me. S&D scissors, spare hair stick, spare hair elastic, wood comb.

Hair kit? Spare hair stick? That's an awesome long hair mindset. :) :cool:

trolleypup
June 3rd, 2012, 11:07 AM
Hair kit? Spare hair stick? That's an awesome long hair mindset. :) :cool:
I lose or misplace hairsticks with some regularity[1] and being caught out with no hair securement is a real pain (literally and figuratively!). Also...if for some reason I don't have my fancy eating chopsticks with me[2], I can pull my hairstick and the spare and have eating tools.

Oh, forgot to mention the slide barrette that lives in the kit...mostly used for detangling.

[1] I use a single lightweight stainless steel chopstick. They are inexpensive, so it isn't a crisis when I leave on in a rental car or on a mountain or something.

[2] What?! You don't carry chopsticks with you all the time? I have several pairs of screw together sticks (like fancy pool cues) that live in my various bags...but I also spend hours per week at my regular sushi bar...

PolarCathy
June 3rd, 2012, 11:14 AM
(...)

[2] What?! You don't carry chopsticks with you all the time? I have several pairs of screw together sticks (like fancy pool cues) that live in my various bags...but I also spend hours per week at my regular sushi bar...

No. There are only two things I carry with me all the time. My car keys and 1 credit card :) But I'm always willing to learn ;)

NativeGirl
June 5th, 2012, 12:13 AM

I keep a pair of scissors in my purse. Oddly, it's not the weirdest thing in my purse. :D

luxepiggy
June 9th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Always next to the sunniest window in my living room (^(oo)^)v

BrownEyedBeauty
July 25th, 2012, 03:23 PM
I S&D in front of the t.v. during commercials. I have done it while at work too when I am on my break and only if I am completely alone.

Pinkster8
July 25th, 2012, 04:04 PM
In my bathroom. I also make sure to wear a dark shirt to make visible the white dots, because my counter is white so it hides them.

patienceneeded
July 25th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Sitting on a lawn chair in my backyard when the sun is shining.

Vivalagina
July 25th, 2012, 04:31 PM
In front of the computer or in front of a window when the sun is out.

gthlvrmx
July 25th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Whever theres light and i can see my ends better, doesnt matter where as long as im not prone to stabbing someone or myself. Like in the car is a no no, its too bumpy XD

Moloik
July 25th, 2012, 04:34 PM
In front of the computer or outside in the garden.

earthnut
July 25th, 2012, 04:41 PM
I never S&D. But then, I've very rarely found a split end since I stopped shampooing so much. :tongue:

owlathena
July 25th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I usually only do it sitting in bed or on the floor (I often sit on the floor and lean against my bed, that's how I'm sitting now actually) with the light from my computer or sunlight from the window above my bed. A couple times I did it at work on my break, and a couple times I've done it sitting on my best friends couch while we watched movies. I try not to do it in public, but if I happen to have my scissors in my bag and I spot a split, I can't help but do it.

thatjengirl1
July 25th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Haha Ive never done it in public before. I usually do it in any area around the house that has good lighting

Picotee
July 25th, 2012, 07:10 PM
I only S&D at home, on the couch or bed in the mid-afternoon when the sun is glaring and I can inspect every little hair. I couldn't possibly do it in public, I'd really be indulging my compulsion then. Sometimes, on the train or waiting in a line I'll casually take a chunk of hair and start checking for splits but I won't cut them if I see them even though i'm just itching to.
Oh, and I'm sure I've done it on the toilet (ugh that sounds disgusting), maybe someone else will admit to it though.:o

minxe
July 25th, 2012, 07:52 PM
I do it while I'm watching television or skyping my boyfriend. Thankfully, he thinks it's cute.

noot
July 25th, 2012, 09:13 PM
At my husbands fly tyeing table under a lighted magnifying glass. You will be surprised how many of those nasty little things you can see under a magnifying glass. I've thought I was at terminal length but now that I'm doing S&D instead of regular trims, I'm thinking I might get more length.

Demi-Plum
July 25th, 2012, 09:26 PM
I usually S&D at work. I get so bored that while I'm editing movies I sit there and go over it. If it's not at work it's usually at home. Mainly because those are the only places that I have the chance to look for splits. I would do it pretty much anywhere though. It's a good way to pass boredom!

neko_kawaii
July 26th, 2012, 04:07 PM
I was doing a S&D in the back yard as usual when my son insisted on riding his bike on the sidewalk. I got a few odd looks from passers by as I sat on the front steps with the scissors in one hand, a section of hair in the other and the rest of my hair clipped messily on top of my head.

Modarunner
July 26th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Anywhere and everywhere!!!

Sarahlabyrinth
July 28th, 2012, 02:46 AM
In front of the computer using a magnifying glass. Haven't fond anything to destroy yet though. Hope I don't either. But I need to buy some proper scissors just in case.

Henrietta
July 28th, 2012, 05:17 AM
In front of a nice white computer screen.

Exactly. Or, depending on a lightening, I sometimes like to hold my ends against black background of my computer's cover.

Sarahlabyrinth
July 28th, 2012, 06:12 AM
"cos we are reading LHC stuff while we do it, lol.