PDA

View Full Version : so this happened today

novemberfoxtrot
May 31st, 2012, 11:01 PM
I was jogging along on the treadmill today at the gym and felt my bun starting to slip. It was held up by two spin pins. Usually I put it in a pony tail first but not today.

I decided I would just take them out and redo the bun quickly. They were stuck stuck stuck! I must've twisted them together. I got out the one I had put in second but the first one I put in wasn't budging. I could feel how out of shape it was.

I could also feel how hard it is to run while your hands are behind your head and not pumping.

Finally got out the second one and here's how it looked. (https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-lyVCbA2hOdk/T8hKCCEvNMI/AAAAAAAACHo/CNLyS5r6u18/s640/2012-05-31%252021.20.54.jpg?gl=US) .

Then I had to finish the last three-four minutes of my run exhausted from running without arms and so so hot with all that hair sticking to me and flying in my face (damn fans!). yuck!

truepeacenik
May 31st, 2012, 11:06 PM
Sooooo...... Your hair eats spin pins? Cool!

Justy
May 31st, 2012, 11:07 PM
Wow, that is impressive! I didn't know a spin pin could be distorted like that. Good job finishing your run; I would have been tempted to stop and find something to fix my hair before continuing.

battles
May 31st, 2012, 11:08 PM
That is impressive. :lol:

BlazingHeart
May 31st, 2012, 11:54 PM
Yikes, you really did a number on that spin pin!

~Blaze

novemberfoxtrot
June 1st, 2012, 12:04 AM
I tried to fix it and wrap it back around itself but I can't! Thankfully, the front desk has a little container of hair ties. Sadly, I don't know who did the shopping this last time because the bands were tiny! Certainly it wasn't my trainer with BCL hair!

Quixii
June 1st, 2012, 12:09 AM
Wow, I didn't know spin pins could be destroyed like that!

HintOfMint
June 1st, 2012, 12:40 AM
:agape: Whoa, how'd you manage to do that??? That's talent, my dear.

freckles
June 1st, 2012, 12:43 AM
ugh, that's what happened to me one time just after I got them. I think it happens sometimes when you interlock them, that's why the package says 'do not interlock'. I had to get my aunt to help me get them out and I was worried I would have to cut a chunk out of my hair!

Phexlyn
June 1st, 2012, 12:57 AM
Woah. I interlock mine like 50% of the time, but I've never managed to do THAT. Congrats, your hair can kill spin pins! ;)

fridgee
June 1st, 2012, 02:13 AM
Wowza that's one distorted spin pin! Haha I've had mine seperate a bit like that but they've always sproinged back into shape afterwards. I also would have stopped running to redo my hair...you can tell my priorities! :p

embee
June 1st, 2012, 05:39 AM
That's impressive. And discouraging.

I'm not altogether sure I like SpinPins. I've had poor luck getting them to stay in place right... the bun seems to get loose and droopy, and then various individual hairs begin to pull and I want to do the bun over. Hardly ever have that trouble with a stick. But SpinPins did let me make my first ever Cinnabun! :)

Jing
June 1st, 2012, 11:21 AM
Wow, that must have taken some force. Go you for finishing your run despite everything!

dwell_in_safety
June 1st, 2012, 11:25 AM
LOL Oh my. Mine have a tendency to interlock because I use four of them, and unless I angle them just so that is what happens, but they've never done that.

heidi w.
June 1st, 2012, 11:26 AM
I hear ya on fans and whirling hair sticking to skin while running. I hate when my bun slips. It happens to me on high windy days (so high it blows my bun down!) or high collars rub the underside and cause hair to fall out of the bun......My hair is not wind friendly.

heidi w.