PDA

View Full Version : First growth in 5 years!

PoppyCakes
May 31st, 2012, 07:17 PM
Hello everyone!
I have been lurking for a couple of months now and have finally decided to share my story! So for the past 8 years I have been dying my hair on a regular basis, for the past 6 I have been straightening and blow drying every day, for the past 4 I have been bleaching regularly, and for the past year - bleaching my entire head, myself, weekly. I hadn’t cut my hair in 5 years and yet my once BSL hair ended up above my ears in areas, due to extreme breakage. So after trying to find a cure, I ended up on LHC, and shortly after, I realized there was no cure. So on the 22nd of April this year, I shaved it all off. I have been following LHC religiously ever since, and babying my hair. And after having what seemed like negative hair growth for the past 5 years, and being scared that even after shaving, it still wouldn’t grow, you can imagine my surprise when I look at over a full, thick, inch-length set of hair on my head today. So I just wanted to say thank you! :D

And show my progress of 40 days of hair growth:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/bonnie000_2006/Day0copy.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/bonnie000_2006/Photoon2012-05-31at21393.jpg

Carissamarie08
May 31st, 2012, 07:21 PM
Wow! You are a brave one, I couldn't ever shave my head! But congrats to the new growth!

PrairieRose
May 31st, 2012, 07:21 PM
Your hair looks thick and healthy! Your hair will be long again in no time:)

tiarefleur
May 31st, 2012, 07:27 PM
That's inspiring! I couldn't bear to take off more than 6 inches even though I desperately needed to, so I'm impressed. Congrats!

PoppyCakes
May 31st, 2012, 07:28 PM
Thank you! And I sure do hope it will be long again in no time!

Silverbrumby
May 31st, 2012, 07:28 PM
Bravo! (clap, clap, clap)... Proud of you and what amazing growth you have there. If I was to predict your hair future I'd say you have a lovely, thick head of hair which will probably grow, grow, grow.

I admire your commitment to good hair and look forward to updates.

PoppyCakes
May 31st, 2012, 07:29 PM
It's very invigorating!

catamonica
May 31st, 2012, 07:30 PM
Congrats to your new growth. And just wait until you get beautiful long hair. It will be great.

myHairGrowth
May 31st, 2012, 07:38 PM
Wow! I admire your boldness to shave. Congrats on your new growth!

longhairedlady
May 31st, 2012, 07:39 PM
Congrats on the healthy thick regrowth!!!

Valfreyja
May 31st, 2012, 07:41 PM
Well done!! I was only willing to do a buzz cut due to the same problem but you went all the way. You'll find that your hair will feel so much softer and healthier than before, you're going to love it!

PoppyCakes
May 31st, 2012, 07:56 PM
Thanks everyone. It was no where near as scary as you would think :) And it already feels better than I can ever remember!

ladylowtide
May 31st, 2012, 08:11 PM
Wow your going to have beautiful head of long hair someday. But for now, you have beautiful head of hair.

jojo
May 31st, 2012, 08:18 PM
Wow! i hold my hat out to you and think what a brave thing for you to do. Id never be so brave but you have my full admiration and support during what i think is going to be a successful journey. Welcome to the LHC and congratulations on leaving your slow growing hair in the past, that is lovely thick growth for just 40 days! please do keep this thread updated every 40 days, id love to see your progress and in years to come when your a long haired lady this would be such an inspiration to those doing the same thing! keep up the excellent work!

fairystar32
May 31st, 2012, 08:31 PM
I could never of done that but well done :)

I hope you have a head of hair too be proud of. xx

christine1989
May 31st, 2012, 08:38 PM
Wow! I can't imagine why you ever felt the need to bleach it- I LOVE the color! It looks so thick and healthy now. I can only immagine how great it will look like as it gets longer :).

beachgirlla
May 31st, 2012, 08:41 PM
AMAZING!
I'm going to watch this thread, can't believe this growth in just a month.

Sisgoldenhair65
May 31st, 2012, 08:46 PM
Congrats on your fresh start!!! Looking forward to seeing your hair grow long and strong!!

PoppyCakes
May 31st, 2012, 09:03 PM
I really have no idea why I began bleaching or even colouring, I just remember absolutely hating my natural colour. I found an old photo of it right before I began my silly experiments, I'm so young, but I can't wait to get back here :

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/bonnie000_2006/Poppy.jpg

swearnsue
May 31st, 2012, 09:12 PM
Your hair already looks soft and shiny! It will be long before you know it!

Honeyfall
May 31st, 2012, 09:36 PM
That's awesome, I am so excited for you! :hifive:

Also, you looked pretty amazing with no hair, you have the sort of head that can carry it off well. I realize that's kind of an odd thing to say, of course I am sure you'll look great with your long hair too, but you're lucky to be able to work so many looks. I am jealous!

Falcore
May 31st, 2012, 09:46 PM
Good on you! Enjoy the journey to long, beautiful hair :)

PoppyCakes
June 1st, 2012, 01:40 AM
Also, you looked pretty amazing with no hair, you have the sort of head that can carry it off well. I realize that's kind of an odd thing to say

Haha, thank you! I don't find that weird at all. I agree it looks pretty good on me. Or at least in comparison to my previous hair :o

spookyghost
June 1st, 2012, 07:04 PM
I admire what you did! I cant even begin to explain! And just think you now have virgin hair. Please keep us updated. This could possibly be a thread that many people can come back to for encouragement and to see pics of the different stages of growth, etc. Well done!

tinywife
June 1st, 2012, 07:14 PM
An inch in a month? You're a fast grower! Lucky!

jacqueline101
June 1st, 2012, 07:29 PM
Congrats on your hair journey. Your growth looks good.

snowcloud
June 1st, 2012, 07:36 PM
That must have been such a hard choice to make. I am a guy and I seriously cried last time my hairstylist cut my hair too short..

no lie..

julierockhead
June 1st, 2012, 08:27 PM
Welcome PoppyCakes! Congratulations on the beginning of a healthy hair growing journey!:applause:applause:applause:applause

You have beautiful hair.

I am eager to hear about what you have learned so far from TLHC, what your routine is, what your plans are. You have made a unique and exciting start!

moralita
June 1st, 2012, 11:38 PM
I'm totally blown away by how much growth you already have-- and it looks so healthy. Wow! :)

Micayla47
June 2nd, 2012, 12:33 AM
yeah for your awesome new virgin hair!!!

anime_length
June 2nd, 2012, 03:36 AM
You've got serious balls. I have so many questions for you, but I feel like it's wrong to ask so I won't but... You've definitely gained like 2,000 life points for that. Almost enough to level up.

PolarCathy
June 2nd, 2012, 04:18 AM
Congratulations! Amazing! You'll love your new hair and it willl be gorgeous! :cool:

On a sidenote, I should stay away from shaving threads because I'm always tempted ("shaving" wasn't in the title, else I wouldn't have read it).

PoppyCakes
June 2nd, 2012, 05:33 AM
You've got serious balls. I have so many questions for you, but I feel like it's wrong to ask so I won't but... You've definitely gained like 2,000 life points for that. Almost enough to level up.

What questions? I'd answer anything hair related. This is my blog, it could answer any questions you might have (http://amonghoundsoflove.blogspot.com.au/) :)

And i'm sorry PolarCathy! But if you really wanna do it, I say go for it!

Ticky
June 2nd, 2012, 06:42 AM
Yaay for healthy new growth :D

brownpaperbag
June 3rd, 2012, 07:44 PM
Well done!! I'm sure it will grow back quicker this time.

prettyhairisred
June 3rd, 2012, 09:15 PM
Bleaching black hair must of really taken a toll! Congrats on your new beautiful thick hair!

PoppyCakes
June 3rd, 2012, 09:25 PM
Bleaching black hair must of really taken a toll! Congrats on your new beautiful thick hair!

I bleached my hair every second day for 2 weeks. So yes, it took it's toll :|