PDA

View Full Version : Curly wurly UK LHCers recommend me a gel!

fridgee
May 31st, 2012, 03:36 PM
I'd like to try out a gel on my wurls, preferably one with a decent hold, but that's not too crunchy (or scrunches out easily) and doesn't contain drying alcohols. I've tried AVG and the jury is still out on that one, so I'd like to try a conventional gel for comparison.

So what gel works best for you and how do you use it to best effect?

I'd prefer suggestions for products available from the UK high street or supermarkets rather than having to be bought online, but if it's just too amazing to not mention then I need to know! :D Also bonus points if its cheap! :D Thank you :flower:

red-again
June 1st, 2012, 05:16 AM
Not high street but pretty much the best one I've ever tried - Aubrey organics B5 Design Gel.
You can get it from there must be a better way online.

Super stuff (did I mention that?)

lapushka
June 1st, 2012, 07:18 AM
LA Looks, IC Fantasia, Eco Styler gels. Take your pick, they're all sans alcohol and sans silicones except for the IC Fantasia one, that one does contain cones.

fridgee
June 1st, 2012, 04:02 PM
red-again thanks! I think I've heard Waitrose stocking their shampoo/conditioner, so I'll check the local one for gel and if not venture online :D

Thanks lapushka, which one of those do you prefer or are they all similar? I probably should have mentioned I'm cone free :)

fridgee
June 1st, 2012, 04:02 PM
ETA: Argh double post, stupid phone!

red-again thanks! I think I've heard Waitrose stocking their shampoo/conditioner, so I'll check the local one for gel and if not venture online :D

Thanks lapushka, which one of those do you prefer or are they all similar? I probably should have mentioned I'm cone free :)

lapushka
June 1st, 2012, 04:42 PM

First on my list is the Eco Styler gel, then the IC Fantasia one (pretty close second) and lastly the LA Looks gel, just because it gets a little sticky in my experience, esp. if you use too much, the other two don't do that.

fridgee
June 2nd, 2012, 12:20 AM
Thank you :)

I've learnt what to look for in shampoos and conditioner, but staring at the wall of gels I was totally lost! Now I have somewhere to start :)

red-again
June 2nd, 2012, 02:22 AM
I shop lots online with There Must Be A Better Way and got an email yesterday and they have a discount weekend for the Jubilee. The code is diamond and it it for 10% off.
I haven't seen Aubrey in waitrose. They have weleda and burt's bees.

fridgee
June 2nd, 2012, 09:15 AM
I shop lots online with There Must Be A Better Way and got an email yesterday and they have a discount weekend for the Jubilee. The code is diamond and it it for 10% off.
I haven't seen Aubrey in waitrose. They have weleda and burt's bees.

Ooo thank you! :D