PDA

View Full Version : Measuring

Sammie_holms
May 31st, 2012, 12:59 PM
Hey so I don't know if there is another of this kind but I am having trouble measuring my hair as I don't really know where to measure from. Do you measure from your hair line at the front of your head( where bangs are) or from the crown of your head?
Thanks all :)

nobeltonya
May 31st, 2012, 01:00 PM
Supposed to be from the very front of the hairline, over the crown of your head, I believe. :)

akilina
May 31st, 2012, 01:06 PM
I measure from the front hair line to my back wherever the hair hits but I really don't know that I like the method...My hair is layered and even my longest hairs arent 22 inches long my longest hairs are only 10 inches long. I guess I only use this measurement as a point of reference on my back.

Slug Yoga
May 31st, 2012, 01:20 PM
I measure from the very front and center of my hairline--the middle of my widow's peak--straight over the top of my head, and down the back. I figure that's more reliable than measuring from the crown, because I could inadvertently start the measurement in different places.

edit: It can be kind of awkward to pull the longest point of the hair even with the measuring tape, from behind my own back. I then usually pinch the measuring tape in that spot and bring it around to look at it. It would probably be more accurate if I had someone else do it, but oh well.

jacqueline101
June 3rd, 2012, 07:00 PM
I use body parts when measuring like my bra strap bottom part shoulders and arm pits. I have trouble holding and reading a measuring tape.

LaceyNg
June 3rd, 2012, 10:40 PM
the general LHC way of measuring is starting at the front hairline going over the crown, and down the back to the ends.

i think everybody knows that it's not really an accurate measurement of how long each hair is, but more of a way to have everyone measuring the same way with the idea of comparing the numbers to better understand where your fellow LHC-er stands length-wise.... or just so you can compare for yourself as you grow :)