PDA

View Full Version : ACV Rinses with Organic Vinegar: Anyone notice a difference?

CurlyCap
May 30th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Hi All!

I ran out of my normal cooking/cleaning ACV this week and decided to use my organic ACV in the shower instead.

It's a very different beast!

Even though the bottle says it been diluted down to 5% acetic acid, the smell in very much stronger (so much so that I'm tempted to increase the dilution factor) and it tingles more when applied to my scalp.

I was wondering if anyone has compared or tried both normal and organic ACV and seen specific differences when it comes to rinses?

For clarity, the ACV I'm using is the Whole Food's version and is very similar to Bragg's. My dilution is ~3tbs in a liter of cool water.

MonaMayfair
May 31st, 2012, 06:31 AM
I've used both (I buy organic if it's on special offer or I'm feeling more extravagant!) but I can't say I've noticed any difference at all.
I don't have a specific dilution, I just put a fairly small amount in a jug and fill up with water.

earthnut
July 16th, 2012, 02:02 PM
I've used several kinds of vinegar, and I've never noticed a difference, except in smell.

gonzobird
July 16th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I used eden organics the other day and it seemed stronger to me, too. But i bet each company, batch whatever might be slightly different.

pepperminttea
July 16th, 2012, 02:37 PM
I switched to organic after I found a source that worked out cheaper than regular, but I didn't notice any difference at all. :shrug: