PDA

View Full Version : monistat hair

darkwish3
May 30th, 2012, 05:20 PM
OMG! I started using Monistat in my hair a month ago. It's grown ONE INCH! In 4 weeks! It was 21in and about 2 weeks in it had grown to 21 1/4, now it's 22! I am totally flummoxed and just a bit peeved that this isn't more widely known! ok enough of my "!'s" That you guys :D

akilina
May 30th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Anything negative to report of? Like anything at all??
I am not against monistat use at all I just have never done it :}
I would try it but its hard for me to do something like that every day or every other day.

darkwish3
May 30th, 2012, 06:13 PM
No no issues at all. 1st time i tried it it did make my scalp tingle but other than that no problems. i use it 2-3 times a week. i usually use about 1/2 tsp monistat and 1 oz water. One time i used it full strength.

akilina
May 30th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Darn...I just threw out a huge tube of the stuff :/
I've always considered using it but just was never really sure if its something I wanted to do.
It isn't the idea of the actual use of the monistat cream that bothers me it is just the chemicals I guess and reading how it can cause tender scalp and headaches and that made it not worth it because I get headaches so easily

Sammie_holms
May 30th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Yea, I agree with akilina. I am worried about using it due to migranes. Are you prone to headaches darkwish3?

DragonLady
May 30th, 2012, 11:15 PM
I used Monistat in three month stints for a full year, and never once had a headache.

Humbug454
May 31st, 2012, 05:17 AM
Please update us on any shedding you might get!

I've heard reports that after stopping using Monistat it can cause a lot of shedding, it will be interesting to know if this is true as I've been considering using some :)

Wildcat Diva
May 31st, 2012, 05:43 AM
I just did my first application two nights ago, so I'll be watching this thread. I diluted with water and applied with an eyedropper. No headache for me at least that night.

Silverbrumby
May 31st, 2012, 06:03 AM
Ive been using it for 8 weeks, only 1/2 of growth per month if that. Did get a headache with first use.

Allychan
May 31st, 2012, 06:05 AM
I have been using Monistat for nearly two years now. I am prone to headaches and migrains but do not get them from appying Monistat. I have also not had ANY shedding either. I alternate between castor oil and monistat each night, so each gets massaged into my head overnight three times a week then I deep condition/treatment on Sunday nights. I average an inch or more every month. I'd show you but THE PHOTO UPLOAD thingy IS STILL NOT WORKING :mad:

darkwish3
May 31st, 2012, 06:50 AM
i get the 'go to the ER' type headaches so yeah i am prone. i've only had normal shedding, BTW how do i make that stop!?

Wildcat Diva
June 1st, 2012, 09:24 PM
I am still not sure I am applying the monistat right. I tried it tonight diluted, while hair was wet after washing. My hair is dried now and looks normal. I thought it was supposed to leave your hair looking gross, that's why you wash it out in the am. Maybe I am not using enough, or maybe it's because I did not use the kind with the mineral oil. Not sure. Anyway, hoping for spectacular growth!

DragonLady
June 2nd, 2012, 01:06 AM
Please update us on any shedding you might get!

I've heard reports that after stopping using Monistat it can cause a lot of shedding, it will be interesting to know if this is true as I've been considering using some :)

I used it three months on, one month off. During the three months I used it, I almost stopped shedding altogether. But during the month I quit, I made up for it.

I also had months of major shedding that you can read about in my blog, but I don't think it was related to Monistat. I rather suspect that it was just normal shedding, but seemed to be so much more because of the total lack of it while I was using the Monistat.

DragonLady
June 2nd, 2012, 01:08 AM
I am still not sure I am applying the monistat right. I tried it tonight diluted, while hair was wet after washing. My hair is dried now and looks normal. I thought it was supposed to leave your hair looking gross, that's why you wash it out in the am. Maybe I am not using enough, or maybe it's because I did not use the kind with the mineral oil. Not sure. Anyway, hoping for spectacular growth!

I didn't wash it out. I mixed a line about 1" long with two ounces of water, shook it up real well, and applied it to my scalp while my hair was damp. I used it three times a week, and I left it in, only washing my hair once a week.

darkwish3
June 3rd, 2012, 01:26 PM
i use the same dilution(approx) and i use it day 1 don't wash day 2 wash day 3, use it again day 4 ect

jacqueline101
June 5th, 2012, 02:13 AM
I've used it for a year and love it.