PDA

View Full Version : Can layered hair be braided?

Libbylou
May 30th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Ok, Long-hair-bear has got my interest peeked about having my hair professionally braided at a fair. My hair will be apl by then with the shortest layer shoulder. I'm all excited about having a beautiful braid.
I have been practicing french braid down the back. But still need lots more practice before I wear it out in public.
The question is, should I even bother to get my hair braided at the fair which is about an hour away or not?

Madora
May 30th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Depending on the layers (and the shortness of your hair) yes, layered hair can be braided. The braider will probably use some kind of gel to tame those layers. You could ask that she just use water instead, if you don't like your hair slathered with product.

Or, when your hair hits shoulder length, you might want to try this version of the two strand twisted lace crown braid by Lilith Moon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ

Have fun!

ravenreed
May 30th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Water or gel help quite a bit.

spidermom
May 30th, 2012, 01:46 PM
It can be braided, but the layers may not stay in the braid.

jacqueline101
June 3rd, 2012, 06:44 PM
I think it has to do with how short the layers are longer layers stay better.

Grillz
June 3rd, 2012, 06:56 PM
I don't remember how long my hair was when I had it braided at our local fair years ago but I've always had tons of layers. I remember the braider used gel and stuck bobby pins in to hide any pieces that stuck out.