PDA

View Full Version : Parousa =)

Thenolegirl
May 30th, 2012, 11:23 AM
(oops - spelled that band's name wrong!! lol Sorry about that!)

I don't know if they've been posted on LHC before but they should!!

Spiritual country singing band made of four sisters who have not cut their hair in 13 years and are completely natural with their hair.

Observe!

http://www.parousiaband.com/fr_home.cfm

http://content.bandzoogle.com/users/parousiaband/images/source/889348.jpg?7

caadam
May 30th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Oh! We've had a thread about this band a little while ago. I love their music, and they're so beautiful. ♥

LuxAurea
May 30th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Oh my... I hate them!!! ;)
Ahahahah, I think that I have a new dream hair!!!!
I want hair like them!!! :p

Thenolegirl
May 30th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Oh! We've had a thread about this band a little while ago. I love their music, and they're so beautiful. ♥

Oops...sorry lol I did put their name in the search engine first though. Didn't come up with anything lol!

Ticky
May 30th, 2012, 01:04 PM
They have such lovely hair!

onlyforhim
June 6th, 2012, 08:00 AM
beautiful hair...ok it seem si will have new hair goal in no time...

Zesty
June 6th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Love their hair, and it's incredibly cool to see four heads of almost exactly the same hair type, all long, all at once! I hadn't seen any posts about them before, so thanks for sharing! :)

It's also interesting that even though they've all not cut their hair in 13 years, they all end up with really different lengths (particularly the sister with ankle length). I wonder if they just got different genes from their parents or if there are environmental factors or what.

fayeelizibeth
June 6th, 2012, 08:48 AM
WOW! Amazing hair and beautiful music (at least the song that plays when you open the site).

Tsopana
June 6th, 2012, 09:09 AM
"Parousia" means "presence" in greek. :D

LuxAurea
June 7th, 2012, 09:02 AM
"Parousia" means "presence" in greek. :D

Ah ah ah! :)
I think that they mean like a Jesus Christ's second coming... :)

Tsopana
June 7th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Ah ah ah! :)
I think that they mean like a Jesus Christ's second coming... :)
Really? That's called "Deftera Parousia" in greek..;) Makes sense!

dollyfish
June 7th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Oh wow, they have absolutely amazing hair!

I'm not a christian, but I do love their sentiment that growing out hair can be a very spiritual thing because it is our most natural state. I definitely agree. A celebration of our bodies and the rhythms of the universe, so to speak. Lovely :)

LuxAurea
June 15th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Really? That's called "Deftera Parousia" in greek..;) Makes sense!

Yes! I read something about that.. but I don't remember where... :D

meteor
June 15th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Thank you so much for starting this thread! I think the Parousia hair is proof that "less is more" works perfectly for hair. I always wondered why women with the longest, thickest, most luxurious hair use like 2 or 3 simple products, and women who buy 100 dollar shampoos and have million products end up with weak, puny, sad looking hair that needs constant styling.
I used to be in the second category for as long as I believed my hairdressers... I should have asked myself this question: "If hairdressers are so knowledgeable about hair, how come their own hair tends to be short, thin and weak?"

Does anybody have any links to Parousia's hair care tips? Maybe they talked about it in their interviews?

LuxAurea
June 15th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Thank you so much for starting this thread! I think the Parousia hair is proof that "less is more" works perfectly for hair. I always wondered why women with the longest, thickest, most luxurious hair use like 2 or 3 simple products, and women who buy 100 dollar shampoos and have million products end up with weak, puny, sad looking hair that needs constant styling.
I used to be in the second category for as long as I believed my hairdressers... I should have asked myself this question: "If hairdressers are so knowledgeable about hair, how come their own hair tends to be short, thin and weak?"

Does anybody have any links to Parousia's hair care tips? Maybe they talked about it in their interviews?

I think that their secret is a good genes... I don't think that they follow particular rules... but I'm not sure... If you find something about her method please, post!!! :p

Slug Yoga
June 15th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Wow! :agape:

It's interesting to me that their hair is at different lengths. Maybe some of that is because of different hair types (like the woman 2nd from left seems to have tighter curls than her sister). I wonder if maybe they also have different genes in terms of growth rate or terminal length, or if there was enough difference in their "starting lengths" to be noticeable even 13 years later?

Thenolegirl
June 15th, 2012, 07:27 PM
The thread is....ALIVE? Lol!

I believe that some of them may have reached terminal...by looking at the taper on some of their hair. Genetics is a funny thing =) My sister looks NOTHING like me and my mom actually carried around our birth certificates when we were little to prove that we were her kids. We are both from the same father :) It just depends.

As far as hair care - they just said no scissors, and basic products. It's obvious they don't mess with their natural hair texture.