PDA

View Full Version : Clear Scalp and Hair Therapy Review

jennescence
May 30th, 2012, 11:06 AM
I purchased this shampoo and conditioner because it was $4.00 a piece at walmart and I had 2- $2.00 coupons ( good deal, I know right). Anywho, I didn't expect it to work wonders or anything, but I have been pleasantly surprised. The claim is that this shampoo makes your scalp healthy which in turn will make your hair healthy. Now I do not know all about that, but I will tell you that it sure did make my hair so silky. It also smells amazing which is a bonus. I would definitely suggest you try it if you do not mind sulfates or cones. :D

I would like to know if any of you have tried it, and what were your thoughts?

akilina
May 30th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Sounds interesting! My hair loves sulfates and cones. It is a love hate relationship for me.
I don't buy into the whole "makes your hair healthy" but that really doesn't matter. If its a good product and works great for you then why not?
What are the ingredients in it?
And..does it smell good? I am a sucker for good smelling stuff!

Sewas
May 30th, 2012, 03:11 PM
I've been looking at it when shopping at my Walmart....thanks for the review...I'm always on the lookout for good-smelling products.

HintOfMint
May 30th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Is Clear meant to be a dandruff shampoo?

Trish in SC
May 30th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Hi there ~

Who makes it? Or is it a Wal-Mart brand?

MiamiPineapple
May 30th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Damn I was just at Walmart and saw the huge display...should have got some...I was so tempted! Now I might have to go back :)

manderly
May 30th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Hi there ~

Who makes it? Or is it a Wal-Mart brand?

Its a new brand - Clear. Heidi Klum had been advertising it.

darklyndsea
June 4th, 2012, 03:54 PM
I tried the shampoo, since the ingredients made it look like it'd be good for scrubbing my scalp. I was a bit worried about the cones, because my hair sometimes gets this weird plasticky shine when I use cones, and to be honest the idea of cones in shampoo seems a bit weird to me. But I love this stuff so far! It's made my hair so un-tangly that I was actually able to fingercomb it in the shower and comb it last night...which might not sound odd to anybody else, but both of those are pretty much impossible most of the time (fortunately, I don't have as much trouble detangling with my tangle teaser).

Carissamarie08
June 4th, 2012, 06:26 PM
I'll have to try this stuff next.

AutumnJasmine
June 4th, 2012, 06:37 PM
I just purchased this a few days ago. I have a very dry scalp so I purchased the moisturizing dry scalp line. They also have a strong lengths line and a shea butter line. I have only used it once but so far so good. My hair is super soft. I read somewhere that you should notice improvements after 7 shampoos.

beachgirlla
June 4th, 2012, 07:39 PM
what about frizzy & puffy hair, does it help softening and taming it down?

jennescence
July 4th, 2012, 10:01 PM
what about frizzy & puffy hair, does it help softening and taming it down?
Yes it has complete;y altered the way my hair looks now. I used to have so much poof after my shower and now there is barely any. Makes my hair feel like silk. It might just be the cones , but hey I'll take it lol. I have not had any problems with buildup, but I also clarify my hair every 3 weeks or so. I am very happy with this line. I can honestly say that this is the only shampoo I have ever used that actually did what it said it would.

summerfox
July 5th, 2012, 12:41 AM
I used this a couple times and thought it worked great too! Calmed my waves without the frizz.

x0h_bother
July 22nd, 2012, 09:27 PM
I used this as a sample- just the condish- and I really like how it coates and detangles. But I think the smell is divine!!!! Time will tell if the coating is good or bad. I see partially hydrogenated coconut oil as well as soy in it- not sure the effects of these on hair.

x0h_bother
July 22nd, 2012, 09:32 PM
Is Clear meant to be a dandruff shampoo?
I suppose it is to nourish the scalp and prevent breakage. But I really don't see dandruff claims there. There are no claims about certain ingredients either.
Here's the info:
http://www.clearhaircare.com/
And just so you know, I tried the purple one..but I'm dying to try the others!

Kat
July 22nd, 2012, 09:52 PM
Anybody know if they test on animals? It seems to be a Unilever company, and last I knew they didn't (or perhaps they had a moratorium, can't remember which) but these things tend to change without warning... and sometimes even if a parent company doesn't test, a child company will (or vice versa).

Dovetail
July 23rd, 2012, 12:31 PM
I got it as a gift (mine is the purple root boost kind) the conditioner is very nice, and both of them have lots of oils in them. Im co and the shampoo has sulfates, so ive been saving it for when I need a goods scrub.

For the conditioner :
VOLUMIZING ROOT BOOST NOURISHING DAILY CONDITIONER
Ingredients
Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Behentrimonium Chloride, Dipropylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Zinc Pyrithione, DMDM Hydantoin, Zinc Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, PEG-150 Distearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Panthenol, Lysine HCl, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Glycerin, Methylisothiazolinone, Niacinamide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Red 33 (CI 17200)

I didnt notice any cones in it, so I was pretty happy. Ive only used it once so far.

helloimgia
July 23rd, 2012, 12:48 PM
Ohh there's alot of good reviews for this product! Makes me want to try it because I have a weakness for hair products (new oils, Conditioners etc.) Please update if you think its a good product :)

kpzra
July 23rd, 2012, 01:29 PM
Anybody know if they test on animals? It seems to be a Unilever company, and last I knew they didn't (or perhaps they had a moratorium, can't remember which) but these things tend to change without warning... and sometimes even if a parent company doesn't test, a child company will (or vice versa).

Is this tested on animals?
INFORMATION AVAILABLE:
Animal testing is a contentious issue, and there are strong and diverse opinions on the need for animal testing to underpin the development of new consumer products, particularly cosmetics. Unilever is required to provide animal data to comply with the safety regulations in place in different countries across the world. Where we are legally obliged to commission animal studies, we ensure that the minimum numbers of animals are used.

Unilever is committed to the elimination of animal testing for its business, and is at the forefront of research into non-animal approaches for assessing consumer safety. Currently, a very small amount of animal testing is still necessary to deliver innovative products that provide consumer benefits and are market competitive.

At Unilever, using non-animal approaches is the norm. Most of our products reach consumers without testing any of their ingredients on animals. We do not test our actual products on animals (any testing is undertaken on individual ingredients), and we do not undertake animal testing in our own laboratories (any studies are conducted by third party laboratories). A few countries still undertake product testing in their government laboratories. We are working with the local authorities to ensure the implementation of non-animal methods.

For more information, please visit http://www.unilever.com/sustainability (http://www.unilever.com/sustainability)