PDA

View Full Version : Ack, What to do with half grown out bangs for wedding!

Jessie
July 30th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Oh help! :confused: I'm in my friend's wedding this Saturday, and my bangs are just to the tip of my nose. My hair is stick straight, and my bangs will barely tuck into a tight french braid. Most days it's throw a headband on and ignore the horrible little chunks of bang that stick out all over. :poot: The other bridesmaids also have long hair, and are doing their hair down, with two small rope braids from the temple clipped in the back. (Like a half-up style) The problem I'm running into is my bangs won't stay neatly into the rope braids without looking really funny. And funny looking isn't exactly the "look" we're going for here. :rolleyes: I tried to find the old "bangs" thread from a long time ago, but alas it is elusive. A little help here? :uhh:

Periwinkle
July 30th, 2008, 07:41 AM
You could try slicking your bangs with oil/conditioner and then misting...that might get them to stay well.

You can also clip them back with kirby grips or something similar. I'm sure you could find some nice ones to match your dress.

Have you heard of hair jewels? They're little spirals of wire, almost flat, with little shiny things on top to make them look pretty. You sort of screw them into your hair and then all you can see is the shiny bit. They're not strong enough to hold hair by themselves, but I used to use them to hold flywaways into ponytails so they might work well holding your bangs down in the braid and they wouldn't mess it up.

These are a bit more spirally than the ones I had, but they're the same thing. I got mine from Claire's, though I'm sure there's nicer versions out there:

http://media.redgaloshes.com/sq/273/011800.jpg

sipnsun
July 30th, 2008, 08:24 AM
I was also going to reccomend hair screws. They work great for me and are really pretty. I purchased mine at a kiosk in the mall. I think Claire's also sell them.

young&reckless
July 30th, 2008, 01:39 PM
What about pulling them to the side and pinning them back? It was featured in Allure magazine last month with a low ponytail but it could work with braids too.