PDA

View Full Version : Parachute oil made my hair crunchy?

IvanaGil
May 29th, 2012, 05:09 PM
So I bought a bottle of parachute coconut oil and after the first few uses, I noticed that it was making my hair crunchy and crispy, but once I switched to my old Nutiva organic coconut oil, my hair was super soft again. I thought/assumed parachute was pretty natural...?:confused:

jojo
May 29th, 2012, 07:36 PM
how did you use it? wet or dry hair? I prefer it on 50% damp hair, when i use any coconut oil on hair too wet or dry i get the crunchies too!

IvanaGil
May 29th, 2012, 11:20 PM
how did you use it? wet or dry hair? I prefer it on 50% damp hair, when i use any coconut oil on hair too wet or dry i get the crunchies too!

I actually used it on wet hair and dry, and both ways left my hair crunchy. I'm not sure if it's because they process it differently because I also noticed that it was grainy as opposed to my organic one, which is super soft and almost creamy.

battle_angel
May 30th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Sorry to intervene, but what does "crunchy hair" mean? I only know when it feels dry... Does it feel/look like when you hairspray it? I saw the term posted also on other threads, please help! :)
Thanks!

-Laetitia

rock007junkie
May 30th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Doesn't parachute have mineral oil? That could have been the reason for your crunchy hair

Nev
May 30th, 2012, 09:52 AM
I've been using that cocnut oil for 2 months and it's never made my hair crunchy. The parachute oil isn't pure, so maybe it's the additives that make your hair crunchy/crispy.

spidermom
May 30th, 2012, 09:53 AM
When I had a lot of heat damage to my ends, all oils made my hair feel stiff and awful. Once I cut away the worst damage, oil was an enormous benefit.

IvanaGil
May 30th, 2012, 11:26 PM
When I had a lot of heat damage to my ends, all oils made my hair feel stiff and awful. Once I cut away the worst damage, oil was an enormous benefit.

I thought it was damage too, but once I stopped and started using the organic Nutiva, my hair was really soft again... :confused:

IvanaGil
May 30th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Sorry to intervene, but what does "crunchy hair" mean? I only know when it feels dry... Does it feel/look like when you hairspray it? I saw the term posted also on other threads, please help! :)
Thanks!

-Laetitia

It feels really dry and breakable, I guess. I never hairspray my hair so I'm not sure, but to me it feels like an oil broom lol

longhairedlady
May 31st, 2012, 12:33 AM
What is parachute oil?

battle_angel
May 31st, 2012, 01:21 AM
Thanks Ivana for the reply! And I hope you get to the bottom of this!

-Laetitia

IvanaGil
May 31st, 2012, 06:40 AM
What is parachute oil?

It's a brand of Indian hair oils. I think the most popular one is the coconut oil, which is what I used. If you Google it, you'll probably recognize it.

longhairedlady
May 31st, 2012, 12:37 PM
It's a brand of Indian hair oils. I think the most popular one is the coconut oil, which is what I used. If you Google it, you'll probably recognize it.

Oh its a brand! :)

Henrietta
May 31st, 2012, 01:58 PM
I've been using it too. It is my first coconut oil, I am running on my second 500 ml bottle now but it does perfectly nothing for my hair, so I'll have to switch to something else.
However, on one of the Polish beauty sites this oil has 1 star in 5 degree scale, and it's a medium of many, many opinions. Numerous people report it to be problematic (and stinky, but I feel coconut and... bacon sometimes :D). So probably there is something wrong with it, although the bottle says 100% pure coconut oil...

lushlocks
May 31st, 2012, 03:42 PM
What is parachute oil?This is it
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31hCW1lwcAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm currently using Nutiva though.

IvanaGil
May 31st, 2012, 03:42 PM
I've been using it too. It is my first coconut oil, I am running on my second 500 ml bottle now but it does perfectly nothing for my hair, so I'll have to switch to something else.
However, on one of the Polish beauty sites this oil has 1 star in 5 degree scale, and it's a medium of many, many opinions. Numerous people report it to be problematic (and stinky, but I feel coconut and... bacon sometimes :D). So probably there is something wrong with it, although the bottle says 100% pure coconut oil...

Yeah, mine smelled like pure coffee (yum!) but it had a weird texture. My hair is much better off with the completely organic CO :D