PDA

View Full Version : New hairs...maybe?

Louise148
May 29th, 2012, 02:59 AM
I am currently growing out a pixie which used to be bleached blonde. I went back to my natual colour (a sort of medium brown) although i do use Clairols loving care non permanent (no peroxide or ammonia) dark browns once a week as I am not over keen on the mid brown and prefer something a little deeper.

I don't blow dry my hair during the week and I CO wash most of the time with just a gentle shampoo (Keracare sulfate free detangling shampoo...amazing stuff :)) once a week. My hair is in pretty good condition at the moment, the best it's been for quite some years and my layers are now at about 4 inches. (they started at 2 inches)

However I am seeing quite a few shorter hairs at my parting. Would these be new hairs growing? I really hope so as I am worried it might be signs of breakage as I do have very fine hair. But on the other hand I am now doing very little to my hair that would cause breakage, no hot irons, only occasional blow drys and plenty of deep conditioning including coconut oil. I so hope they are new hairs and my hair is thickening up and not breaking. :confused:

Lou x

fridgee
May 29th, 2012, 03:18 AM
If your not doing anything nasty to your hair its likely they are new growth :cheese: If you want to check if they are breakage or baby hairs, look at the tips of the hairs. If they are tapered to a point they are new hairs, but if they have split ends or raggedy tips then they are breakage. :flower:

Louise148
May 29th, 2012, 04:28 AM
I have studied them in the mirror and they don't look damaged but with my individual hairs being so fine it can be hard to tell. Fingers crossed for new growth and a little bit of extra thickness. :cheese:

Lou x

jojo
May 29th, 2012, 08:16 AM
if they have little points on the ends, its new growth. It sounds very much that they are indeed baby hairs which are your future long hairs-look after them!

Louise148
May 29th, 2012, 08:21 AM
It sounds very much that they are indeed baby hairs which are your future long hairs-look after them!

Future long hairs...I'm loving the sound of that :cheese:

Lou x

swearnsue
May 29th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Those are new hairs probably. Same thing happened to me and they really make your hair thicker. Congratulations on having a happy scalp!

caadam
May 29th, 2012, 08:58 AM
I've been getting a whole lot of the same kind of hairs popping up, and I was like, "Oh no... am I doing something bad?" So it's almost like with these couple of threads popping up with the same question, you girls have been getting the answers I'm also looking for. lol

I've examined my own hairs that seem to pop out and are way shorter than the rest of my hair, and they all come to a tapered point. So phew... hehe.

Hollyfire3
May 29th, 2012, 10:30 AM
if they have little points on the ends, its new growth. It sounds very much that they are indeed baby hairs which are your future long hairs-look after them!

I agree with this, be nice to the new hairs!

and....Hey jojo! ad to ask, why does your profile say ii now instead if ii/iii? So sad to loose thickness if that is the case with you.

jacqueline101
May 29th, 2012, 12:09 PM
It could be new hairs.