PDA

View Full Version : Lady who made braid wave tutorial

swearnsue
May 28th, 2012, 03:42 PM
There was a tutorial made by a lady with long golden hair, she was sitting and braiding her hair while damp to sleep in. I don't remember what she used to finish each braid so that it was comfortable to sleep in and also give a little curl on the end. Does anyone remember this video? She put a little product on the end, then a little square thin tissue and then she rolled it with something soft, like a spongy roller thing? Thank you for any help.:cheese:
I don't remember her name or avatar but she is about mid 20's with very long thick hair, very shiney and medium blonde (like THAT narrows it down!)

afu
May 28th, 2012, 03:44 PM
I know the video you mean, I'll try and find it now

spidermom
May 28th, 2012, 03:45 PM
I'm pretty sure it was an end paper and a sponge roller.

I just braid mine down to as close to the ends as I can, then put on one of those fluffy-looking hair ties that they sell for children. That gives me nice even waves all the way through the ends.

afu
May 28th, 2012, 03:46 PM
not the exact video but this is the page of the maker: http://www.youtube.com/user/torrinpaige?feature=results_main

caadam
May 28th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Sounds like torrinpaige! Here's the video I think you're talking about:

Working with Waves (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0NMLSUICp4&list=PLF3508F6411A91FDE&index=30&feature=plpp_video)

swearnsue
May 28th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Yes! Torrin, that's her. Thank you so much! I'm going to finish watching it and I see from the link that she has other tutorials. Cool! I'd rather watch those than cook dinner right now!

TheMechaGinger
May 28th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Torrin rocks! She has the most amazing hair/nail tutorials ever :D

Tisiloves
May 28th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Be careful, Torrin's tutorials are addictive.

lapushka
May 28th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Here's the direct link. It's one of my faves!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0NMLSUICp4&feature=plcp

jacqueline101
May 28th, 2012, 04:53 PM
I'd like to see that video.

heidi w.
May 28th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Torrin's videos overall provide quality information, and she also has long hair. For me, I often can't find good videos for really long hair, and I mean really long. So she's a good video to watch. I saw her video on how to wash hair, and overall I thought it was pretty good quality, even if she could only explain it.

She has lots of videos, so I am sure while you browse around for what you're looking for, you'll probably come across some other videos that are helpful to you.

heidi w.

Torrin Paige
May 28th, 2012, 10:00 PM
There was a tutorial made by a lady with long golden hair, she was sitting and braiding her hair while damp to sleep in. I don't remember what she used to finish each braid so that it was comfortable to sleep in and also give a little curl on the end. Does anyone remember this video? She put a little product on the end, then a little square thin tissue and then she rolled it with something soft, like a spongy roller thing? Thank you for any help.:cheese:
I don't remember her name or avatar but she is about mid 20's with very long thick hair, very shiney and medium blonde (like THAT narrows it down!)

Well, since everyone else knew it was me, I don't have to be all -Hey that's me! That's one of my tuts! However, I still wanted to just say THANK YOU, swearnsue! You thought I was in my mid 20's. I'd say you made my day -but that one will keep for a good month or two at least! :cheese:

Oh, and P.S. The Finesse mousse is hard to find, but Aussie Catch the Wave Flexible hold works very well and I don't find it to be crunchy or drying like some other mousses. Just an FYI for ya. :)

swearnsue
May 29th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Well, since everyone else knew it was me, I don't have to be all -Hey that's me! That's one of my tuts! However, I still wanted to just say THANK YOU, swearnsue! You thought I was in my mid 20's. I'd say you made my day -but that one will keep for a good month or two at least! :cheese:

Oh, and P.S. The Finesse mousse is hard to find, but Aussie Catch the Wave Flexible hold works very well and I don't find it to be crunchy or drying like some other mousses. Just an FYI for ya. :)

Thank you for the tutorial. I had watched it when my hair was about 6 inches long and now that my hair is about 8 inches I thought I would try to make braid waves. I did it without the mouse, end papers or soft rollers but it was fun to see my very fine thin hair fluff out! My hair is much too short for it to come out nice looking but it was fun and I have time, like a year, to find soft rollers and end papers. I like to pretend my hair is long, my husband teases me saying he has to buy a wheelbarrow so I can haul my long hair around! Anyway, thank you torrin paige for your tutorials, your hair is in excellent condition and is an inspiration!