PDA

View Full Version : Blowfrying and 'cones = hair has never looked or felt better...

LocustSpawning
May 28th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Seriously, what the?

I don't use a 'cone conditioner and haven't for a while. I use a sulphate shampoo and a cone free conditioner on the ears down. A week ago or so I blowdried it straight for something, and used Vo5 heat protectant with silicones in it.

.... I was expecting dry frazzled hair as 'cones in the past had made my hair crispy... but it seems that using them in spray form has worked magic. Seriously, my hair feels as if I have deep conditioned and oiled it or something.... I've done this 4 times in a row now and my hair still feels great... wow!!! Feels softer than it has in a long time.

A photo I just took:

http://i45.tinypic.com/50qmnd.jpg
You might not be able to tell here (I don't know but it is really shiny and soft, a random person even commented on it saying it was really shiny the other day!)

So... for those of you who have given up on 'cones... try them in spray form...

spidermom
May 28th, 2012, 03:33 PM
I like the result of a nice coney serum and blow-drying on my hair, but it takes an hour, so it's rare. Your hair looks absolutely lovely.

akilina
May 28th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Wow looks great. I think it is okay to spoil yourself sometimes with some cones and heat :)

lapushka
May 28th, 2012, 03:40 PM
I don't have cones in spray form but I do have them in a serum. Love it!

MiamiPineapple
May 28th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I used to do this pretty much everyday before chemical damage. I never had any issues at all. I will start again, as soon as the last inch of damage is gone. I think as long as your hair is healthy, it works out great.

Your hair looks awesome BTW!

LadyTheta
May 28th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Thanks for sharing this! Lovely!

Bene
August 4th, 2012, 09:46 AM
I love how my hair looks after a session with the dryer and a flat iron. Soft, shiny and silky. My regular hair is fine, but it's not the same as after some good ol' fashioned heat styling. I just love how it moves. Not more flowy, just a different kind of flowy.

Only it takes me about 2 hours, because I get really really obsessive about getting it perfect. So unless I'm sitting around not feeling lazy, I don't bother. Haven't done it in over a year. I'd like to see how it turns out, with the extra length. Maybe when it stops being so freaking hot and humid outside, I'll give it a shot.