PDA

View Full Version : Question about sulfates!

Shona
May 28th, 2012, 02:02 PM
OK so I have been on LHC for a while and i admit it, I still don't really understand sulfates. I want to try out some non sulfate shampooing for a while. I use lush bars just now and although my hair doesnt get super duper greasy, I would still like it to be less oily. Although on the other hand it is pretty dry at the ends, so I use coconut oil on them, and I heard this shampoo is not good to use if the hair is dry. but I am interested in what my hair will be like sulfate free. I heard it can bring out natural waves more.

So I saw this;

http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/hair/shampoo/rainforest-shine-shampoo.aspx#

Do any of you LHC-ers think this will be any good for my hair! Thanks :)

cmg
May 28th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Oily but dry ends? Sounds abit like me, so I will give you my five cents worth. I have always loved their stuff including the shampoos and conditioners, but this new range I didnt like at all. All the shampoos were still to harsh and at the same time my hair doesnt feel really clean, gets stringy on top and the ends are dry. I havent been able to use them, sadly. They smell nice though. Some old shampoo bars from various brands are still OK for me, but I prefer CO-washing. I feel I have more control over the results this way and my hair loves it. Some deep treatments in between, thats it. I still have some Ice-blue and a little left over from the Olive-shampoo from Body Shop that I use for special occasions.

Another thing is that when the salesmen in the shop tells you "you only need a tiny amount like a beansize" compared to other brands, I'd say this is bogus. You need as much as with other compatible brands in my experience.

/ CMG

Kelikea
May 28th, 2012, 02:48 PM
That rainforest shampoo contains isopropyl alcohol, which can dry your hair. Have you tried CO?