PDA

View Full Version : One Month Anniversary and Crazy Growth!

nerdymomma
May 28th, 2012, 07:27 AM
I've been on LHC for a month now, I haven't posted in about 2 weeks because I've been moving and also trying very hard to follow some good advice and establish a baseline for myself. There are so many things I want to try with my hair that I had to take a break just to avoid temptation!

I measured today, and I had to re-measure half a dozen times to be sure I had the numbers correct. The 26th of April I measured 26.5" (measured 3x for accuracy). Today I measured 28"!! That's 1.5" in one month! I can't believe that! I took a photo but I'm borrowing a computer and it doesn't have a SD slot (how strange!).

After 1 month of CWC and gentle handling with the proper tools, I'm pleased to say my hair feels shinier and healthier. I trimmed my hair (for the first time in nearly a year) the 26th of April and didn't have much trouble with splits and snarls until the last 10 days or so. I'm just snipping damage as I find it when I brush.

Now I'm not sure what to try next. I think my hair is a little heavy, maybe even waxy, and getting a bit too greasy on the second day. My ends are also pretty dry, since I gave up my hair elastics (they were wearing thin spots on my hair) and can't damp bun any more (I ordered flexis but they are too small to hold it all). I try to wash every other day using my favorite shampoo and conditioner bars from here: http://www.va-soaps.com/vss2_014.htm

Any suggestions?

jojo
May 28th, 2012, 07:37 AM
great growth! maybe a clarifying treatment will help?

nerdymomma
May 28th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Thank you! I've considered that. I just clarified on the 26th of April, so I don't know if I should clarify again so soon. It took about a week for my hair to return to optimal, and that only lasted about 2 weeks. It's not terrible now, it's just a teensy bit heavier than I like. And it is far less greasy than it used to be when I used conventional hair products.