PDA

View Full Version : Feeling peeved about products

Natalia
May 27th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Im feeling a bit annoyed right now, see i used a gift card from my b-day to stock up on hair supplies since its hard to find something that my sensitive skin and hair both agree on. thing is my luck seems to have it that i find such products on the clearance rack.... where the discontinued or old formula products are :mad:. if its not that its brands like giovanni or aubreys who go and change my staple products and dont tell us!

now i am primarily wo so its not as huge of a deal as it used to be but is still annoying. I like my smt's and and occasional co or s&c and these companies are taking my treats away! damn you natures gate and your reasonably priced discontinued products :mad:. this happens with body care products too just not as often since my mainstays are bronners and oils.

this happen to anyone else where they just wont keep making the products you adore?

Amapola
May 27th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Oh yes - all the time. I could almost imagine some conspiracy, where whenever I like something and start buying it, they quit making or carrying it.

Of course that is silly. I am not that important.

But yes often I'll go back to buy something, and they don't have it anymore. And there are times when I ask, and I'll be told "They don't make that anymore" when what the person is actually struggling to say is "We sold out, and don't want to bother ordering more, so just buy what we already have, OK?" :mad: Really irks me but fortunately there is the internet and a lot of this stuff that "they don't make anymore" can be had there.

leilasahhar
May 27th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Yes! There was this ceramide conditioner I used when I was in my 20's and my hair was pure silk. It got discontinued and I hunted it down, had to buy out a little hair shop in UK of thier last bottles :)

luxepiggy
May 28th, 2012, 03:48 AM
My refrigerator is filled with various stockpiles of discontinued favourites (^(oo)^)v

jacqueline101
May 28th, 2012, 06:50 AM
I used to use the therma silk leave in detangler even without heat it got the tangles out. I didn't get a chance to stock up on mine.

lilliemer
May 28th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Yes I am still annoyed that clairol discontinued the original herbal essence shampoo...Remember the bright green stuff with the hippie chick on the bottle? "Like washing your hair in a fragrant mountain pool." It probably wasn't the best for your hair, i remember it as being fairly drying, but it might have worked as a clarifying shampoo. Plus it smelled ridiculously wonderful.

Undisclosed formula-changes are another huge annoyance. Not just in hair products either.