PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever had a panic moment?

SerinaDaith
May 27th, 2012, 04:29 PM
I started my journy here only a couple of weeks ago and I started with the CWC (loving it). I was going to do some outdoor work and wanted to protect my jaw length hair from getting to tossed around and beaten up by the sun and wind so I hit it with an evoo oiling which left it feeling great and helped me keep it up and out of my way for the gardening fun. I followed up with another CWC but felt like while my hair was softer it was still a little too oily so I figured that since I had not clarified and I am just starting out that I would use my Aussie Cleanse and Mend for a quick scalp scrub then a light oil however as soon as the Shampoo hit my hair my hair felt like straw, I have used this product before without any sort of yikes type reaction and I know that I am perhaps getting spoiled with how soft my hair has been with the CWC but I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on fixing that sort of thing after you have already done the oh my god what have I done!?! :(

spidermom
May 27th, 2012, 04:39 PM
A deep conditioning treatment or a few.

I mixed baking soda with my shampoo to clarify once. What a disaster! My hair matted together like felt. I had to do daily conditioner soaks (because that's the only way I could comb it) for two weeks before my hair went back to normal.

dawnss
May 27th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Yep, when I tried the aphogee protein treatment (I mean the one that you are supposed to use for ultra damaged hair, like hair that is falling out in clumps) and I tried to detangle my hair after I rinsed it out... I had a nightmare on my head lol.

longhairedlady
May 27th, 2012, 05:15 PM
I agree, get some extra conditioning and moisture in!

swearnsue
May 27th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Your hair will be OK, it sounds like the stuff you used on it has proteins. Use a ton of moisture and it will be OK. It's horrifying, I know. One time I put Mane N Tail conditioner straight onto my dry hair and I experienced the instant straw phenomenom. Really weird though, right?

SerinaDaith
May 28th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Thank you all! I felt like such a total idiot for assuming that my hair would react like it had always did before I started to pamper it! I have been doing scalp massage about three times a day and light coconut oil post my CWC which seems to be re-hydrating my hair!

heidi w.
May 28th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Yep, when I tried the aphogee protein treatment (I mean the one that you are supposed to use for ultra damaged hair, like hair that is falling out in clumps) and I tried to detangle my hair after I rinsed it out... I had a nightmare on my head lol.

Often hair falling out in clumps is actually a sign of a thyroid medical condition. Unless you did something that somehow provoked the hair falling out in clumps, but that's a bit unusual. I've seen photos of some pretty strange things such as a bird's nest of hair because one lady neglected to detangle her hair for a really long time.

heidi w.

RitaCeleste
May 28th, 2012, 01:16 PM
I stripped burgundy color from my hair and it became dry and brittle. I freaked out and did the aphogee two step Protein Treatment and came out looking like a Pomeranian. I didn't know you were suppose to deep condition the mess out of it after those. I was using the two minute protein treatment occassionally but was still having weak feeling hair and someone finally said, "Hey, maybe you hair just hates protein!" I quit using any protein and my hair feels strong and great now, not all damaged and weak??? Its not stretchy or springy its just strong. It'll snap before it stretches and springs back but what it takes to snap it is ridiculous.