PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning:) Hair growth and pregnancy?

itsmee
May 27th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Thought I would post it to this website, as the users here seem to know alot about hair :)

I had my daughter about 8 months ago, and of course went through alot of postpartum hairloss. After doing research about it I found conflicting information. Some websites claim your hair is locked into a resting phase during pregnancy, so while your hair will get thicker, it will not necessarily grow longer than normal. I also found plenty of other websites that say say the opposite; your hormones are in overdrive causing your body to lock the hairs into a growing state. Which do you believe is true? If you've had kids, what were your experiences with your hair after you gave birth?

I personally did not have much growth, but my hair was superr thick! Also, from what I've read, my understanding is that your body knows you have all that extra hair so that is why it is all shed over a very short period of a cpl months..so does it make sense to reason that my body also knows I just had a massive shed and will start to grow my hair faster to make up for it? Or is that just me being too optimistic:)? lol Thanks for reading my super long question, and thanks in advance for any of your personal experiences and/or answers :)

rock007junkie
May 27th, 2012, 07:44 AM
I think it's true. When I was pregnant with my son my hair got super thick and very long. About 7-8 months after I had him I shedded a looooot of hair. I ended up with two bald spots in the front but the hair started coming in as soon as it stopped shedding.