PDA

View Full Version : My hairdresser made a bun

Venefica
May 26th, 2012, 06:51 AM
I was at the hairdresser today for my yearly trim, when we where done she asked me if she could braid my hair and play with it as she had never braided hair this long, yes there is not that many long haired folks here in my home town of Jevnaker. Anyway my hairdresser also made a bun with the braid and it turned out really pretty, here is the result. And yes the roots are showing they will be dyed black again soon enough.

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/4430/img0333de.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/img0333de.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/3869/img0334dt.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/822/img0334dt.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Pecheresse
May 26th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Wow. Beautiful.. Im so jelly.

Libbylou
May 26th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Very pretty. You are a very lucky girl to have a stylist who appreciates your long hair.

LaFlor
May 26th, 2012, 06:57 AM
pretty :) My hair dresser offers to do extra stuff too sometimes, but usually nothing lhc friendly, lol. *jealous*

Venefica
May 26th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Thank you all for your kind compliments I appreciate it. :D I have a very nice hairdresser, she is careful with my hair, she never trim more than I say and is very good at what she do, and she is long hair friendly even if she herself have short hair.

Madora
May 26th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Very lovely, Venefica. But I wish your hairdresser could have hidden the elastic under the braid for a more finished appearance.

Venefica
May 26th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Yeah you are probably right about that, however I can not complain, I do not always manage to hide the elastic either. :D

Amber_Maiden
May 26th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Very pretty!

rowie
May 26th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Venefica, you look fabulous! Can I ask you what usable length is your stick? I recently bought a LadyIdun Lantern topper. Here is the specification of my stick:

Topper length: 1 5/8"
Usable length: 5 3/8"
Total length: 7+"
Diameter size at largest area: 3/4"

I'm just afraid if this matches your stick size that you are wearing, then this stick might be too big for me! Even if it is at least it will be a motivator for me to grow my hair long until I can fill up the stick like you.

ETA: I don't think I would ever put my very first LadyIdun stick on the swap board now that I don't know when they will open their shop again.

Venefica
May 26th, 2012, 07:53 AM
I heard that Lady Idun closed down their shop, that is a shame they make such beautiful hairsticks. I hope they will open it up again eventually.

This is the measurements of the hairstick.

Topper length: 1 3/4"
Usable length: 5 1/2"
Total length: 7 1/4"
Diameter size at largest area: 5/8+"

rowie
May 26th, 2012, 08:04 AM
I heard that Lady Idun closed down their shop, that is a shame they make such beautiful hairsticks. I hope they will open it up again eventually.

This is the measurements of the hairstick.

Topper length: 1 3/4"
Usable length: 5 1/2"
Total length: 7 1/4"
Diameter size at largest area: 5/8+"

Ahhhh it's very similar to yours! LOL But I'm sure I can find cute styles to wear this piece at my APL length hair. I'll probably end up doing a less tight cinnabun or lazywrap. Good thing I have thick hair to compensate for length. I haven't recieved my stick yet as she said that it should arrive Tuesday. Do you find that her lantern toppers feel heavy?

Venefica
May 26th, 2012, 08:08 AM
I am sure your lantern will look gorgeous in your hair. I have two lanterns and I do not think they are heavy at all. They are a bit more heavy than plain acrylic hairsticks, but they are not to heavy and I think they are quite comfortable to wear.

rowie
May 26th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the comforting advice. :blossom: I'll keep an eye out on you at the Hair toy addicts thread! You have such amazing collection.

Ticky
May 26th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Looks very nice :)

spidermom
May 26th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Nice bun! I try to hide my elastic, but it doesn't stay hidden.

heidi w.
May 26th, 2012, 08:40 AM
pretty :) My hair dresser offers to do extra stuff too sometimes, but usually nothing lhc friendly, lol. *jealous*

Maybe a new dresser is in order? You don't need to keep facing temptation to go off the wagon.

Yeah you are probably right about that, however I can not complain, I do not always manage to hide the elastic either. :D

You're probably, by now, a somewhat more advanced hair bun maker and it is wholly possible to make a bun as she did without any tie off or elastic. Try it and surprise yourself. I make all my buns without tieoffs at the beginning or end. I just wrap, twist, tuck, fold....and no tie off at top or bottom is necessary.

heidi w.

Tizzles
May 26th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Venefica- Your hair and your color are gorgefabulous! (I totally just made that word up but seriously your hair is so pretty one word to describe how awesome it is, was not cutting it!) I am jealous and envious but appreciate all the work you had to have done over the years to get, keep and maintain such beautiful hair! :heart:

einna
May 26th, 2012, 09:29 AM
It looks great, so big and shiny :D

Alvrodul
May 26th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Very nice bun!:D
It must have been fun for the hairdresser to have all that hair to play with!:D

dawnss
May 26th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Ohh pretty (:

Prettyeyes23
May 26th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Wow Venefica, what a beautiful bun! Your hair dresser did a very nice job!

How much do you trim off during your annual visit to the hair dresser?

Venefica
May 26th, 2012, 09:46 AM
You're probably, by now, a somewhat more advanced hair bun maker and it is wholly possible to make a bun as she did without any tie off or elastic. Try it and surprise yourself. I make all my buns without tieoffs at the beginning or end. I just wrap, twist, tuck, fold....and no tie off at top or bottom is necessary.

Thank you for the advice. You are probably more skilled than me for I can not get a braided bun to stay put without a hair tie. I however usually at least try to hide the hair tie when I put up my hair. That being said my hair have a will of it's own so if you had been here in Norway and you had been able to get a braid bun to stay but with nothing but a stick in my hair I would be very impressed and I would bake you a batch of cookies. :D

Venefica- Your hair and your color are gorgefabulous! (I totally just made that word up but seriously your hair is so pretty one word to describe how awesome it is, was not cutting it!) I am jealous and envious but appreciate all the work you had to have done over the years to get, keep and maintain such beautiful hair!

Thank you so much for your compliments, you are to kind. :D

Thank you all for your kind words I really appreciate it.

Thanks for the comforting advice. I'll keep an eye out on you at the Hair toy addicts thread! You have such amazing collection.

Thank you. :D I love hair toys my hubby however claim I have enough of them. I do not believe him. :P

Venefica
May 26th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Wow Venefica, what a beautiful bun! Your hair dresser did a very nice job!

How much do you trim off during your annual visit to the hair dresser?

Than you for your kind words. I trim off about half an inch to an inch. I think it was half and inch this time.

Amapola
May 26th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Beautiful bun! Wonder if I could ever make one like that... hmmm...

faellen
May 26th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Oooh how pretty, and your hair is so shiny! Wish I had a hairdresser like that, that didn't just want to chop all my hair off straightaway, lol!

Wavelength
May 26th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Just gorgeous! Hang on to that hairdresser, she's a keeper. :)

BrightEyes
May 26th, 2012, 09:59 AM
What a gorgeous bun! Your hairdresser did a good job:)

kitekats
May 26th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Oh, that's so sweet :)

firegypsy
May 26th, 2012, 11:13 AM
how lovely. you must have felt like a princess walking around with that! It's totally gorgeous-enjoy it while it lasts!

3azza
May 26th, 2012, 01:34 PM
very pretty, wow :)

jacqueline101
May 26th, 2012, 02:01 PM
That's beautiful.

PixxieStix
May 26th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Your hair looks lovely, and how nice of her to want to play with your hair and be gentle about it. :)

Henrietta
May 26th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Wow. Beautiful bun. So big and shiny! :)

Venefica
May 26th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Thank you all for your compliments, you are so kind. Yes I did feel like a princess when I had that bun in. Also my hairdresser is very good. I always wait with having my hair done until I go visit my mother so I can use this hair saloon, they are both cheap and good. I have one other shop near where I live where they are also very good with long hair but this hairdresser which I went to today have done my hair since I was a little girl so I know her well. My mother uses her to.

ladyofrohan
May 26th, 2012, 04:06 PM
So pretty! It's nice to hear a good hairdresser story for a change, rather than one where somebody went to the hairdresser and ended up with a disaster.

LizTheLyre
May 26th, 2012, 05:05 PM
very beautiful bun.

Firefly
May 26th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Really pretty-- I love how the center almost looks like a Celtic knot. :)

Safira
May 26th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Very beautiful bun, and shiny hair.

Venefica
May 27th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Thank you for your compliments and kind words you are most kind. I like the hairdresser I use for she is skilled and she value people's opinions, she might suggest but she will do exactly what she is asked to do with your hair and not more or less. She is also very nice.

catamonica
May 29th, 2012, 10:17 PM
That is a beautiful bun.

Arciela
May 30th, 2012, 06:54 AM
So pretty o.o

Eleentje
May 30th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Whoa, that's a beautiful bun and your hair looks great!

Tisiloves
May 30th, 2012, 08:07 AM
I like big buns and I cannot lie. :redgrin:

It looks georgeous.

Venefica
June 1st, 2012, 02:16 AM
Thank you for the compliments, you are all so kind, you make me smile. :)

longhairedlady
June 1st, 2012, 03:37 AM
I just love your hair! :D

Rhodugune
June 1st, 2012, 05:23 AM
Me too!
Lovely bun, I glad you have such a nice hairdresser. :)

going gray
June 1st, 2012, 07:59 AM
You hair is lovely, what an inspiration!

Venefica
June 2nd, 2012, 09:08 AM
Thank you guys for the compliments they are really making my day better, you are so kind. :D

SakuraGirl
June 2nd, 2012, 09:11 AM
Holy moly! Your hair so thick and so long and so shiny and I am SO jealous. seriously your hair is stunning

Venefica
June 3rd, 2012, 10:53 AM
Thank you your compliment made me smile you are very kind. :D

jessica77
June 3rd, 2012, 11:00 AM
wow - thats really pretty