PDA

View Full Version : A brush with really real hair...

oktobergoud
May 26th, 2012, 12:25 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/Schermafbeelding2012-05-26om082542.png

When I saw this I just had to think of you guys instantly!

http://shop.creaturesofcomfort.us/bless-small-hair-brush-red.aspx

Here is another one: http://shop.creaturesofcomfort.us/bless-small-hair-brush-blonde.aspx

Would you buy it? :P ;)

Tisiloves
May 26th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Hehehe, that's even better than last week when I found a split end, on my BBB.

ravenreed
May 26th, 2012, 12:54 AM
I don't understand what this is or why I would pay almost $300 for it... Is it a joke?

UltraBella
May 26th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Creepy !!!!!!!!!!!!!

LadyCelestina
May 26th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Haha,kinda useless and pricy :D But if I was about to start a collection of twisted/strange/creepy artifacts,I'd definitely buy one!

lolot
May 26th, 2012, 01:36 AM
thats weird, how do you detangle with that?

caadam
May 26th, 2012, 01:36 AM
*stares at brush cautiously* o____O...

lol

shazzshazshz
May 26th, 2012, 01:55 AM
I am bewildered.

Bagginslover
May 26th, 2012, 01:57 AM
I think its supposed to be a joke-by taking the name 'hair brush', they have made a brush, with hair.

red-again
May 26th, 2012, 02:11 AM
My little brother ( he's now 30) had a troll toy, it was a pencil topper I seem to remember and the hair on that was very similar to the hair on that brush!
$300 for it tho, the hair would need to be made from gold!

Charybdis
May 26th, 2012, 02:11 AM
I'm thinking it's an objet d'art, not so much an actual hairbrush. ;)

Ticky
May 26th, 2012, 03:13 AM
Well that's... Creepy.

However, the one you posted has a lovely hair color :D

kitekats
May 26th, 2012, 03:29 AM
ok....this is creepy, at first I thought that it's only a joke :0, but no

caadam
May 26th, 2012, 03:44 AM
I totally just posted that thing on Tumblr. LOL :cheese:

longhairedlady
May 26th, 2012, 03:48 AM
What is this supposed to do??? For 300 bucks it better brush my hair for me at least.

vatikagirl
May 26th, 2012, 04:16 AM
LOL quite creepy in a funny way. How did they even manage to make such thing, that to selling it for big $$$ ?!!

Madora
May 26th, 2012, 07:18 AM
I'd say it's on the same level as the infamous Pet Rock back in the day.

BlondieHepburn
May 26th, 2012, 08:11 AM
I... don't.... understand... :suspect:

heidi w.
May 26th, 2012, 09:06 AM
No. What a waste. I guess some think it's amusing, but I'm thinking of the person who donated hair to be attached to a brush?!! Really. And where did that hair come from? Or is it fake hair on the brush, which is even more ridiculous.

I don't collect overly bizarro stuff. I'm not a horror shop.

$300 bucks for hair on a brush. Uhhh, most don't brush. The gurus comb. Wackadoo if you ask me. It's not art if you ask me.......and this'd be just the thing an archeological dig would dig up and what the hell does that say about our human existence on earth? Just wackadoo. Although mildly humorous for about 3 seconds.

heidi w.

heidi w.
May 26th, 2012, 09:08 AM
I'd say it's on the same level as the infamous Pet Rock back in the day.

You're far more generous than I am. LOL

heidi w.

Madora
May 26th, 2012, 09:14 AM
You're far more generous than I am. LOL

heidi w.

Frankly, the Pet Rock has it all over this "hair" brush. Maybe this thing is supposed to be a gag gift for the person who has money to burn. Brings to mind the adage "A fool and his money are soon parted" or more famously "There's a sucker born every minute"!

heidi w.
May 26th, 2012, 09:22 AM
I started to compare / contrast the pet rock and this "hairbrush" and in less than 2 seconds I figured out the brush lost the battle. Pet Rock has it head and shoulders above this hairbrush. I just didn't think I needed to beat a dead horse that was so obviously dead. For the person who has it all, I guess..... I swear, if someone sends this to me, I'll throw it away. I'm not dragging this around the planet, and I truly feel sorry for the people who gave their hair up for such nonsense. I'll put money on they thought their hair was a donation intending to help someone. All that happened is that more crap was made. Everything's for sale in the U.S. We make more crap that sells. Invent something people; make something cool, something that makes a difference. Who's helped by this brush? Name one person. No, the guys rakin' in the dough don't count. But I bet Shark Tank wouldn't offer them a deal!! Wackadoo. That's all it is.

heidi w.

dawnss
May 26th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Glad to know that I am not the only one creeped out lol

Kelikea
May 26th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Did you see the other stuff for sale on that website? I looked at some of the clothes, the plain T-shirt was $90 and some things were over $300. Crazy. Useless waste of time and money.

einna
May 26th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Haha, that is so weird. I could maybe see it in a freak art show, but for sale? ;P

Amapola
May 26th, 2012, 09:43 AM
It makes me think of those whisks they make out of horsehair, to chase away flies. Maybe it's good for that! :D

Actually at first I thought it was just a photoshop job. But on the blonde one you can see where it's attached to the brush, so maybe it's real.

I agree it's creepy, if real. I was once asked to take the ends of someone's hair, and put it in one of my pieces as a tassel. (She had cut off about 5" of hair from her classic-length hair, and saved it.) I told her she would have to pay me in advance, because although to her, it was a keepsake, to anyone else it would be pretty disgusting and I would not be able to sell it to anyone else.

swearnsue
May 26th, 2012, 10:03 AM
It's a nightmare! What if you ran your brush through your hair and looked down as saw THAT?

oktobergoud
May 26th, 2012, 12:15 PM
I'm thinking it's an objet d'art, not so much an actual hairbrush. ;)

I thought so too ;) It's still weird anyway! I've been to art school and trust me, I'm used to a lot of things so I guess I don't find this that strange anymore :P

I have no idea what the meaning behind it is though!

terylenerose
May 26th, 2012, 01:00 PM
To those who were speculating that it might be fake hair: it's not. It says right there that it's real. By the way - I looked at their main page and they do indeed have really high prices for shirts and stuff. They're mostly discounts, too.
This is another reason not to donate your hair. Someone might make it into a "hairbrush" that doesn't serve any purpose except to weird people out. (I can't imagine someone agreeing to having their hair made into something like this, so I'm assuming it's from some overloaded hair charity.) It obviously can't detangle your hair, because you need a certain stiffness of bristles for that if you're using real hair. I can't believe this site isn't selling it as a joke.