PDA

View Full Version : Swimming in Coney Goodness!

RitaCeleste
May 25th, 2012, 09:56 PM
I've been using Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose as my conditioner and co-washing with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa. Not suppose to happen but I ended up needing to use some real shampoo after a very long time of it. So ex (who I'm now renting from and still good friends with) said I need real shampoo and the quest to make me try new stuff began. First I just grabbed some Smooth & Silky Conditioner at Dollar General that claims to be a knockoff of Tresemme Vitamin H Smooth and Silky conditioner. I loved the stuff! But then the ex hands me a coupon for Pantene and you have to buy two bottles to use the coupon (His way of making sure I bought shampoo???) So I broke down and got Moisture Renewal Ravive-hydratrion Shampoo and then snapped up some Pantene Relaxed and Natural for women of color Dry to Moisturized. I used a sulfate shampoo and poured gobs of cones all over my head. My hair is coarse but now its all soft. The cone free stuff is nice too but this coney stuff I don't have to mail-order. I usually can't find a conditioner that works for me, now I have tons that work great (and one of them is disgustingly cheap!) ??? This is just too weird. Oh, the ends aren't quiet as supple as with Honeysuckle Rose, but my hair is softer and silkier feeling from all the coney goodness!!! I did end up throwing away $2 on bad stuff at dollar tree but over all I didn't waste much money at all finding two good conditioners. I got incredibly lucky this time.

dawnss
May 25th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Congrats, I will be honest as someone who has crazy curly hair, I really like cones ok who am I kidding I need cones in my hair conditioners!!

kidari
May 25th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Nice! After all my experimenting I find I do best with a traditional shampoo and condition with products from the drugstore like Pantene.

anime_length
May 25th, 2012, 10:11 PM
I like cones too. I have curly hair too and it's just not enough without them.

luxepiggy
May 25th, 2012, 10:17 PM
It always makes me happy to see others (re)discovering the joys of 'cones (^(oo)^)v

TheMechaGinger
May 25th, 2012, 10:29 PM
I love cones! I tried cone free for a really long time and the instant I went back my hair was like silk, I'm a -coney for life :)

BrightEyes
May 25th, 2012, 10:54 PM
I tried going cone-free too. Then my hair became very dry, tangled and just plain dull. Now I'm back on cones and my hair is happy again:)

redtuss
May 26th, 2012, 03:03 AM
I actually tried amodimethicone again after about 2 years cone-free - it was horrid!

My hair got coarse, ratty and albeit shiny, not very soft. . So I'm going back to my regular conditioner and argan oil..

Annibelle
May 26th, 2012, 06:24 AM
I'm glad you found something you like! :flower:

Strangely, I seem to be one of the few people whose hair doesn't care one way or the other about cones. They straighten my hair a bit, but honestly, it's hard for me to tell the difference...

Now that I'm wearing my hair straight for a while, I'd like to give cones another shot, but I need a brand that doesn't test on animals... which, of course, Pantene does. (That's what I used before I joined LHC.) If anyone has any suggestions, I'm totally open to them! :D

RitaCeleste
May 26th, 2012, 07:20 AM
The Aussie haircare line is loaded with cones but I don't know if they test on animals. I fried my hair once going blond and used their line way, way back. I googled and it said they are not tested on animals.