PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful long hair on book cover

longhairedleah
May 25th, 2012, 01:16 PM
... which I incidentally am very interested in reading!

I was just looking up a book that a friend suggested to me, and I fell in love (or fell in envy? haha) of the girl on the book's cover's hair!!

The book is The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman
http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/The-Dovekeepers-A-Novel-Alice-Hoffman/9781451617481-item.html

Just thought I'd share with everyone here

longhairedlady
May 25th, 2012, 01:25 PM
So pretty!! I like the birds on her shoulders.

Ticky
May 25th, 2012, 01:27 PM
I agree, her hair is very pretty!

spidermom
May 25th, 2012, 01:35 PM
In some circles, that could be "short hair". haha

longhairedlady
May 25th, 2012, 01:40 PM

:bounce: :pinktongue: This is true!!

longhairedleah
May 25th, 2012, 01:51 PM

haha very true! It crossed my mind as I was posting, but still long for me!

ladylowtide
May 25th, 2012, 02:10 PM
I love book covers with photographs by Joyce Tenneson.

If you like that image you should check out some of her other photographs on her website. She is by far my favorite portrait photographer.

einna
May 25th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Very pretty =) Thanks for posting!

Micayla47
May 25th, 2012, 05:11 PM
i love the cover and the topic. i'm going to go out and get the book immediately!

jacqueline101
May 25th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Her hair is lovely.

Sassy9226
May 26th, 2012, 02:04 PM
I've read her work before, she's quite good. Also beautiful hair, I hope mine can look like that, when the textures back to normal again.

Suze2012
May 26th, 2012, 04:13 PM
... which I incidentally am very interested in reading!

I was just looking up a book that a friend suggested to me, and I fell in love (or fell in envy? haha) of the girl on the book's cover's hair!!

The book is The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman
http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/The-Dovekeepers-A-Novel-Alice-Hoffman/9781451617481-item.html

Just thought I'd share with everyone here

I think your hair looks prettier in your avatar than hers does on the cover of the book personally.

ladonna
May 26th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Pretty girl. I needed a new book to read too :) thanks.

longhairedleah
May 28th, 2012, 11:38 AM
I love book covers with photographs by Joyce Tenneson.

If you like that image you should check out some of her other photographs on her website. She is by far my favorite portrait photographer.

Oh, I will definitely look up her photographs!

I think your hair looks prettier in your avatar than hers does on the cover of the book personally.

Thank you very much! But unfortunately that photo is from last year from my heat tools using days haha... I should update that picture at some point...

I think after a few days of playing with my hair, my hair would be something more similar (but darker) to this girl's

Pretty girl. I needed a new book to read too :) thanks.

No problem! Glad to share with everyone! I hope the book is as good as my friend said!

Zesty
May 28th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Hahaha I saw this title and I immediately thought "I wonder if it's The Dovekeepers!" The cover of it caught my attention a while back (may even have been upwards of a year ago) in a bookstore. I even took a picture of the cover to put in my hair inspiration folder. I have no idea what the book is about, I just remembered the title because of the long hair on the cover. So funny.

longhairedleah
May 30th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Hahaha I saw this title and I immediately thought "I wonder if it's The Dovekeepers!" The cover of it caught my attention a while back (may even have been upwards of a year ago) in a bookstore. I even took a picture of the cover to put in my hair inspiration folder. I have no idea what the book is about, I just remembered the title because of the long hair on the cover. So funny.

haha how funny! it is quite a beautiful picture indeed.
In case you were wondering, it's a historical fiction about 4 women in biblical times (at the siege of Masada). Still have yet to pick up a copy for myself though!

BrownEyedBeauty
July 22nd, 2012, 08:45 AM
She does have very nice hair. Thanks for posting the pic.