PDA

View Full Version : Two weeks = no blowdryer/flatiron!

tigerlily83
July 29th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Yay for me and my hair! :cheer:

Two weeks ago, I posted deciding I would give up my blowdryer and flat iron. In that time my hair has felt great...it has never felt like this before, with using heat. I've also never gone this long without using them!

Before I decided to do this, my hair strangely felt crispy, even with using heat protecting products. Now, my ends don't feel nearly as dry/crispy, and actually very smooth (I thank the CWC method for that, too).

I also have a lot more time in the morning when I'm getting ready for work so that is nice. In the first two days of no blowdryer/flatiron, I admit I did use the blowdryer on the cold setting to help the drying along, but I'm not even doing that now.

So....I just wanted to thank those that helped me with my decision, and seeing Nightshade's pictures of hair under a microscope really helped too.

Thanks LHC! :grouphug:

JessTheMess
July 29th, 2008, 06:45 PM
:disco: Isn't it glooooooorious!!! lol I haven't blow fried or flat ironed my hair in a little over a month, and I haven't looked back since!

spidermom
July 29th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Congratulations. I'm still blow-drying on warm-to-cool when I feel the need to tame the frizzies, but really - less heat styling is better.

Curlsgirl
July 29th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Yayyyyyyyyyyyy! I remember how hard it was at first! You are doing great!!!

tigerlily83
July 29th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Yayyyyyyyyyyyy! I remember how hard it was at first! You are doing great!!!

Thanks! It feels wonderful! It was hard in the first couple of days....I didn't think I could do it, but I guess I underestimated myself. My hubby is also loving how much softer it is too.

Golden21
July 29th, 2008, 07:20 PM
That is awesome! I have tried to do this, but have not been successful. My hair has a lot of frizz when it wants to and the humidity is high. What are you using in your hair to keep the frizz down, or do you have this problem?

tigerlily83
July 29th, 2008, 07:36 PM
That is awesome! I have tried to do this, but have not been successful. My hair has a lot of frizz when it wants to and the humidity is high. What are you using in your hair to keep the frizz down, or do you have this problem?

I still do have a little frizz, since I live in North Carolina and the humidity is high here, too. I'm using the L'Oreal Nutri Gloss s/c for my CWC, and when my hair is about 70% dry I use a dime-sized amount of Neutrogena Silk Touch leave-in, on some of the drier patches. That combination seems to help the frizz.

plainjanegirl
July 29th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Congratulations on breaking an old habit or routine. That is great that your hair has improved since then! Just keep doing what is working.

sipnsun
July 30th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Congratulations! I'm feeling your pain, I'm blowdryer and hotroller free for about 6 months now. Your hair will surely appreciate it as mine has!

ladystar
July 30th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Congrats:cheese:! I have not used a blow dryer or iron in one month! I don't have any plans on doing so anytime either. Only a very special occasion. I tame my hair with coconut oil, and cones do wonders on my hair!

FrannyG
July 30th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Congratulations! :hollie: Keep it up! You'll get used to it in no time at all. Your hair will thank you. :)