PDA

View Full Version : Eclectic dye?

Nedertane
May 24th, 2012, 11:43 PM
So I'm thinking of dip-dying my ends, but I'm a little nervous about it. I told my hairdresser that I wanted to use a semi or demi permanent dye (I want to stay away from developers, plus I don't like the idea of anything permanent), which would be fine, she would just needed to know what color to order. I'm nervous because I know that semi's or demi's can become permanent if the hair is too dry/damaged, but she assured me that I would have no such problems, since my hair isn't anywhere near how bad it would have to be for that to happen.

The dye that she'll use is a brand called "Eclectic" by Framesi. Has anyone used it and experienced any problems? How long did it last? How well did the color turn out (relative to your own "base" color, anyway)? What was your hair like at the time of using it?

Also, though I appreciate any suggestions of using at-home dyes such as Manic Panic, I don't trust myself to do it well (and I feel I have reason lol), so I would far rather be in her professional hands. :D

Thanks for any info, ladies and gents!

Emme76
May 25th, 2012, 02:21 AM
I donīt have any experience with Eclectic dye - but I have used other semi permanent dyes in my days and every time I had to re do it after 2-3 months to keep the color. It fades depending on how often you wash your hair. And if you do deep oilings and alot of deep conditioning it will also effect and make the color fade faster.

If your hair is very light and you use a much darker color - it might take longer for it to fade. And sometimes when it does the color can feel a bit mousy.
I havenīt used manic panic - so canīt help you there.

I think I only had 2-3 mis happens when I used semi permanant hair dyes - and that is over a period of 20 years :)! And it was when I was quite blond and I used a darker tone without any red in it. Then it turned out a bit grey/gren/brown. Not the best color :o! But always when a hairdresser has helped me to pick a color it has never failed or turned out bad. :)!

Hope it will help some! Good luck!

luxepiggy
May 25th, 2012, 02:31 AM
Just wanted to make sure you're aware that Framesi's Eclectic product is a demi-permanent so it does still require developer!

Dip dye is awesome! I just did my ends in blue and I LOVE it (^(oo)^)v

BelleBot
May 25th, 2012, 03:39 AM
I don't have any experience with that dye, but I just wanted to say dip dyes look awesome, you have to post pictures once you're done.

My hair is sort of dip dyed, it's a much brighter red/pink on the ends as I may have bleached them a tiny bit :o Tempted to do it again to get them even brighter, I'm just nervous about damaging already very over processed ends.

Though I guess the advantage of a dip dye is if the worst happens you can always trim it off, not like if you dye your whole head and it turns out disastrous.

Good luck :)

Nedertane
May 25th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Just wanted to make sure you're aware that Framesi's Eclectic product is a demi-permanent so it does still require developer!

Dip dye is awesome! I just did my ends in blue and I LOVE it (^(oo)^)v

Oh, it does? How strong is it? I didn't bother to ask her, since I figured I didn't need to haha.

Nedertane
May 25th, 2012, 09:43 AM
I donīt have any experience with Eclectic dye - but I have used other semi permanent dyes in my days and every time I had to re do it after 2-3 months to keep the color. It fades depending on how often you wash your hair. And if you do deep oilings and alot of deep conditioning it will also effect and make the color fade faster.

If your hair is very light and you use a much darker color - it might take longer for it to fade. And sometimes when it does the color can feel a bit mousy.
I havenīt used manic panic - so canīt help you there.

I think I only had 2-3 mis happens when I used semi permanant hair dyes - and that is over a period of 20 years :)! And it was when I was quite blond and I used a darker tone without any red in it. Then it turned out a bit grey/gren/brown. Not the best color :o! But always when a hairdresser has helped me to pick a color it has never failed or turned out bad. :)!

Hope it will help some! Good luck!

How light do you mean? And are you referring to bleached blonde hair? The part I want done is like level 6, so I don't know if I should be cautious. I either want to do dark brown or red, but I don't know if the brown contains any red (I think it's supposed to be a natural/neutral tone).

akilina
May 25th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Oh, it does? How strong is it? I didn't bother to ask her, since I figured I didn't need to haha.
Yes it does. But since you are using what you are it only requires a 10 vol. Deposit only no lifting. IF she was using permanent dye she would use a 20 vol to lift then deposit but that process does not happen with the color you will use. The dye molecules only penetrate your hair to a certain extent and are smaller so they come out after washing several times usually.

Edit: and if you were to use something that doesn't require a developer..something like manic panic or all the other many lines of color similar chances are it wouldnt even penetrate or make any difference in color. I know that colors like that don't even effect my level 9 roots