PDA

View Full Version : confused as to my hair type, help please xx

red-again
May 24th, 2012, 10:05 AM
I thought I had it boxed off, 1a/1b hair. Then I saw a post yesterday where a member was asking what her type was. She was told pretty much 1c/2a due to flippiness and waviness. I would have thought the poster was a 1a/1b like myself though!
I have recategorised to a 1c and my pic is in my signature as I cant upload attatchments yet. I clarified and then left my hair to drip dry. NO handling at all.

Thankyou in advance lovely ladies! ( and men I suppose!) BTW I am in a bikini not naked as I've been in the garden this afternoon!

red-again
May 24th, 2012, 10:08 AM
now i am confused as to why my siggy hasn't appeared!! I have uploaded it and it is showing up etc? Any pointers?

spidermom
May 24th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Hmmmm; you loaded a sig pic from your user CP? I don't know why it wouldn't show if you can see it. Maybe go back and make sure the appropriate box is checked. It says "show signature", I think.

From your avatar, I'd go with 1C, maybe even 2A. It's hard to tell on a photo so small.

red-again
May 24th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Thankyou Spidermom!
I have just found it - not in the right place granted, but it is on my info ppage if you click on my name and then view public profile, and finally its at the bottom of the 'about me' file!! Hope some of you have the patience to go and have a peep and thankyou if you do!
I will get hubby or DD1 to help me out later on to get it on the bottom of my posts. ( I have got the box ticked for signatures, thanks for that pointer, Spidermom)

red-again
May 24th, 2012, 10:29 AM
totally confused, did nothing and it's now here!! I can do computers, me!

Anje
May 24th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Photo uploads have been problematic for a while. It wouldn't surprise me if sig pic photos are also affected.

It seems to have become an annual spring problem around here.

ETA: Looks like you got it. From your signature picture, I'd say you're probably 2a. Officially a wavy!

Rocket22
May 24th, 2012, 10:40 AM
I would for sure say you are in the 2a category

red-again
May 24th, 2012, 10:47 AM
thankyou! These waves have been hidden all these years till I found this place! I thought my hair kept a curl easily and after surfing or sea swimming it looks really wavy. Guess now I know why ( it dried naturally at the beach so my waves set in)

Thanks to the repliers so far!

Vampyria
May 24th, 2012, 10:57 AM
This is more wave than I have, so I would also say 2a.

MissManda
May 24th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Another vote for 2a. :)

spidermom
May 24th, 2012, 11:45 AM
It may get wavier. I see what looks like the start of a spiral in a couple of places. You may be all the way out to a 2C - mostly wave, some curls.

red-again
May 24th, 2012, 11:51 AM
It may get wavier. I see what looks like the start of a spiral in a couple of places. You may be all the way out to a 2C - mostly wave, some curls.

woooah, steady on!! this is so much fun though!! Loving discovering new things about my hair, gutted I have to wait to see some things til it grows!!

Thankyou all for your replies, you all agree 2a (for now!)

lapushka
May 24th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Another vote for 2a.

ladylowtide
May 24th, 2012, 12:37 PM
at least 2a

MonkeyMagic
May 24th, 2012, 02:04 PM
I'd say at least 1c/2a. You have a very distinct and defined wave pattern...very beautiful!

red-again
May 24th, 2012, 02:56 PM
if you said 2a you win!! haha!! I can't actually believe I thought I was a 1a/b. What a difference washing with a clarifying shampoo and holding a towel round your neck to catch the drips and not touching your hair whilst drying makes!!

Thanks for all the replies since I last checked in!

And MonkeyMagic, thankyou so much for your lovely compliment. Ages since I had one as I bleach bathed twice in Feb then added bright red. Thank goodness my hair grows fast. There have beem three inches of virgin growth already, and when I rub my scalp I can feel lots of stubbly bits so the bits I must have broken with bleach are now coming back! Thank goodness for lovely henna and indigo. Thank goodness my hair is still on my head! And thankyou for the boost!

Going to update my hair type!!

1nuitblanche
May 24th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Your hair looks like a 2a to me!