PDA

View Full Version : Vivienneparis on etsy

HumanBean
May 23rd, 2012, 10:25 PM
Anyone own one of these sticks? I've never seen anything like them before!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/vivienneparis?section_id=11515575

If so, what do you think of them?

Amazinggrace
May 23rd, 2012, 11:33 PM
I haven't ever heard of them.

It looks like thin plastic at the end, I think my hair would break them. If you were going to use it for decoration only, and secure with pins first, I think it would work fine.

Mina17
May 24th, 2012, 03:48 AM
Cute! They remind me a little of Lalo Orna. I really hate it though when shops don't list the functional length.

Slug Yoga
May 24th, 2012, 04:02 AM
I really hate it though when shops don't list the functional length.

My thoughts exactly!

Long_hair_bear
May 24th, 2012, 06:24 AM
I'm not a fan of the big ball on the ends, but I like the colors.

Macaroni
May 24th, 2012, 09:59 AM
I love them because I use sticks as decoration only.

Too bad the shipping is as much as the stick :(.

ravenreed
May 24th, 2012, 10:08 AM
I haven't had great luck with plastic. I don't torque my buns at all, but I still seem to snap hair sticks made from it.

Alvrodul
May 24th, 2012, 10:50 AM
They look pretty enough, but would they actually work for me? I have my doubts. The seller doesn't say anything about the material, so I suspect it is some kind of plastic. and the sticks don't seem to have much heft, so I don't think they would last long. When I tried out some plastic hairsticks from Glitter, they didn't survive more than 10-20 minutes. and my hair was shorter then.
Like Mina, I miss information on functional length.

lapushka
May 24th, 2012, 12:45 PM
I saw those a while back in an Etsy search for hair sticks. There's zero information on length, which I regret, but I guess one could always ask the seller.

Personally, I don't think plastic is the way to go, not for sticks that need to hold a bun that's quite big. Give me wood or metal over plastic!

Alvrodul
May 25th, 2012, 04:09 AM
The sticks are 15 cm (5.9 inches) long, and made of plastic. (I asked the seller)

lastnite
May 25th, 2012, 04:37 AM
those are really cute (and not too long)... but they look like the cheap plastic sticks on eBay from China. if they are acrylic though then they might be a good deal

HumanBean
May 25th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll pass for now.