PDA

View Full Version : Celebration Time

GrowingGlory
May 23rd, 2012, 06:41 PM
It's time to celebrate! My hair is healthy, virgin, and at its terminal length!:cheese:This has been my hair goal for about three years, and I'm really happy to be here.

How do you celebrate reaching your hair goals? Mini-milestones?

I can't decide between champagne (I seldom drink), a steak dinner, a comfortable hair fork that really holds my hair, a comb made of bone or wood...there are so many great gifts to choose from!

Help me decide? ;)

Carissamarie08
May 23rd, 2012, 06:45 PM
So what is your terminal length? And congratulations!

DayDreamerDani
May 23rd, 2012, 06:50 PM
Congrats! :) I always like to get new conditioners or hair toys. It helps me feel happy about the hair improvements I have made.

Bunnysaur
May 23rd, 2012, 06:53 PM
I'm in the process of celebrating APL with my first fork. I'm not sure what I'll do when I start hitting more milestones, I like the idea of champagne and a steak dinner :p

GrowingGlory
May 23rd, 2012, 06:54 PM
It's waist length. I don't have a measuring tape but it seems to be about 32" by LHC's measurement system.

Thanks so much! Can anyone recommend a fork and comb for my hair type? It is coarse but soft and has a lot of natural slip.

jacqueline101
May 23rd, 2012, 08:48 PM
Congrats on the terminal and virgin hair.

Honeyfall
May 23rd, 2012, 08:58 PM
Yay! I've heard worse excuses to break out the chocolate, I am going to celebrate with you tonight. ;)

katsrevenge
May 23rd, 2012, 09:46 PM
Don't tease us! Pictures!? :)

GrowingGlory
May 23rd, 2012, 09:52 PM
Thanks so much! I am so reluctant to post pictures. Maybe tomorrow.

WaitingSoLong
May 24th, 2012, 05:40 AM
The best way to celebrate is with LOTS OF PICTURES so your LHC friends can oooh and aaah.

Tota
May 24th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Congratulations! To celebrate - do something that will make you feel even better about your hair. Spoil it rotten :D

GrowingGlory
May 24th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Maybe a caviar masque and a champagne rinse?

Tota
May 24th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Haha :D If your hair has taste buds then why not ;)

Amber_Maiden
May 24th, 2012, 07:34 AM
How do you know waist length is your terminal length?

GrowingGlory
May 24th, 2012, 07:39 AM
I've worn my hair at its terminal length in the past. It was the same length that it is now, so I am assuming that it has reached terminal again.

Of course, I may be wrong. I'll be happy if I am!

Amapola
May 24th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Congratulations! I will say though that my hair always stopped growing at BSL. Then I started putting it up, and basically taking better care of it, and now it is at my waist (about 30") and I have every hope it will keep going. Back when my hair would stop getting longer, it was subject to a lot of damage and I did not take as good care of myself as I do now... so you never know! Your hair may just keep on growing! Wouldn't that be awesome? :)

GrowingGlory
May 24th, 2012, 09:51 AM
It would. I'm gentle and careful with it now, but have started braiding it loosely before bed. I have just a few splits and a little breakage over the last few inches because I used up shampoos that were "a little bit" drying. Now I use a very mild soap nut solution and purified water instead of cold artesian well water (which is full of minerals) instead. I wouldn't mind more growth, but tend to think that this is it.

Micayla47
May 24th, 2012, 10:43 AM
It's time to celebrate! My hair is healthy, virgin, and at its terminal length!:cheese:This has been my hair goal for about three years, and I'm really happy to be here.

How do you celebrate reaching your hair goals? Mini-milestones?

I can't decide between champagne (I seldom drink), a steak dinner, a comfortable hair fork that really holds my hair, a comb made of bone or wood...there are so many great gifts to choose from!

Help me decide? ;)
i say have all of the above! congrats :)

GrowingGlory
May 24th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Don't mind if I do! Thank you. Please join me! :toast::cheer::queen: :pizza: :heart: :sun: :graduate: :chocolate::cake:

ravenheather
May 24th, 2012, 12:16 PM
It's waist length. I don't have a measuring tape but it seems to be about 32" by LHC's measurement system.

Thanks so much! Can anyone recommend a fork and comb for my hair type? It is coarse but soft and has a lot of natural slip.

Grahtoe studio is awesome. Send Kimi a message if you are unsure what is best for your hair. She is super nice. They are also great for customs.

GrowingGlory
May 24th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Thanks! Their zebra wood kitty stick is awesome.

Jing
May 24th, 2012, 02:04 PM
I don't celebrate my milestones so much as collect incentives to reach them. :p Throw yourself a party, complete with wrapped gifts and good food! If you're at terminal, you've reached the very last milestone, after all.

GrowingGlory
May 24th, 2012, 03:23 PM
That's a great idea.

GrowingGlory
June 4th, 2012, 05:27 PM
I'm trying to add some pictures to an album to share with you. Soon (I hope) they will upload properly.

4C4rly4
June 8th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Congrats! I'd go for the steak dinner ;D
And I'm still not at my goal (only half way there), but I can't wait til I get to celebrate too :D

GrowingGlory
June 8th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Thank you! Steak dinner, for sure.
Good luck in reaching your hair goals soon. Time really flies when you're giving your attention to something else.