PDA

View Full Version : Hair experience I found amusing today

Saranne772
July 29th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Well, my week is topsy turvey this week.
1) My days at work have changed from Weds and Fri to Tues and Thurs
2)My days have church have changed from Thurs to Tues AND thurs

So as I work about 20 miles away from home (26 from church) I have a long bus ride to get there in time. So this time I had to go straight from work.
At work I have my hair in a figure eight and at church I tend to wear my hair down under my mantilla. So on the bus just before my stop I took my hair stick and the three bobby pins out and shook my hair down to brush it and the teenage girls across the aisle (14-16ish) said "Well I didnt expect that" And then complimented me on it :D It was like they had never seen long hair before they looked so shocked!

NurseMama
July 29th, 2008, 03:06 PM
That is great! I think that it is interesting how people don't typically look at the size of the updo to determine the amount of hair under there!

Little_Bird
July 29th, 2008, 03:11 PM
That is so funny and sweet!

It's funny the stares that long hair can get in a bus :p You really have beautyfull hair!

burns_erin
July 29th, 2008, 03:12 PM
That is too cute, but maybe they were more surprised to see someone so close to their own age with long hair.

Saranne772
July 29th, 2008, 04:34 PM
That is so funny and sweet!

It's funny the stares that long hair can get in a bus :p You really have beautyfull hair!

Thank you! :)

burns_erin- yeh that is true also. One said to another of her friend- "And we thought you had long hair" But she had it tied back and I couldnt see how long without staring.

And Nursemama- its so true, I often think that updo's can be SO deceiving unless you have a reasonable knowledge (or use precise logic) of them!

walkinglady
July 29th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I love it, those girls were so up front and honest! You do have beautiful hair! .

Elleyena
July 29th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Your hair is very beautiful! It deserves the compliments

embee
July 29th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Good story! Glad you were noticed in a positive way - so often we get negative remarks. It would be hard to come up with negative remarks about *your* hair, though!

Gumball
July 30th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Haha. That must've been a fun reaction to see. It's like magic! Beautiful hair magic!

Cinnamon.locks
July 30th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Wonderful story, yep when i used to have TBL hair and undid the bun comments like that used to happen alot, specially at church. I'm Christian and at my church alot of people have BSL hair or shorter, few have waist length hair. so it's fun to see and hear such amazed reactions. glad you got a good one, and you do have gorgeous hair. ( you're one of my idols, :p ) i dream of having my hair as long as yours and healthy, shiny as yours.

Saranne772
July 30th, 2008, 05:54 AM
Aww thank you so much for the hair compliments :grouphug:

InDarkestKnight
July 30th, 2008, 08:46 AM
That's a great story. A little surprise for the girls on the bus, a lovely compliment for you (certainly deserved!) and a good read for us here, too. Thanks for sharing!

TyagoN
July 30th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Hooray for positive comments. Always a good thing.

thankyousir74
July 30th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Lol It's true a friend of mine always had her hair up in a bun and the one day where she lets it down I was like :bigeyes: Wow you have utterly gorgeous hair! I can see where girls an have the same reaction towards your hair :D

Beatnik Guy
July 30th, 2008, 03:12 PM
And Nursemama- its so true, I often think that updo's can be SO deceiving unless you have a reasonable knowledge (or use precise logic) of them!
Yes, it takes a trained eye to ascertain such things. :frog:

FrannyG
July 30th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Well, your hair is gorgeous, and in the real world I know that I rarely see anyone of any age with such long hair. I'm not surprised a bit by the reactions. :)

dorothea-brooke
July 30th, 2008, 03:48 PM
That's a great story, Saranne772!

And I agree with everyone's comments: totally understandable, given your amazing hair!

:flower:

dorothea

joyful373
July 30th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Thanks for sharing that Saranne. I had a similar exclamation that came one day when I took my cinnamon bun down to re-do it. It's funny sometimes how shocked people are at long hair. You hair is shiny and beautiful too, so I can see how that adds to the "shock value." ;)

:flower: joyful