PDA

View Full Version : castor oil for growth

firegypsy
May 23rd, 2012, 04:30 PM
Quick question ya'll...when you massage the castor oil in do you keep it overnight? OR do you do it right before you jump into the shower? OR is this another one of those elusive answers that will vary from person to person?

I'm planning on using it to facilitate growth-I've heard people use EO's with it too. Please share which if you do. I have a ridiculous amount of EO's here and probably have something suitable!

swearnsue
May 23rd, 2012, 07:04 PM
I massage castor oil mixed with coconut and olive oils about the same amount of each into my scalp about and hour or two before I shampoo. I've added EOs to my oil bottle but wish I didn't. Clary sage is good but go very light with clove if you decide to use that one, it's too stimulating to the point of irritating almost. Be prepared to shampoo through twice but your hair will be very soft!

kitcatsmeow
May 23rd, 2012, 08:01 PM
I massage it into my scalp the night before a wash which is once a week although sometimes I don't get round to washing so it stays in an extra day. I use straight castor oil.

firegypsy
May 23rd, 2012, 08:17 PM
I massage it into my scalp the night before a wash which is once a week although sometimes I don't get round to washing so it stays in an extra day. I use straight castor oil.

I'm tempted to try this. I just started with CO and am not sure that will get castor oil out. I LOVE castor oil and use it all the time, but have never applied it to my hair.

How do you keep the pillow clean? (is that a weird question?!)

Viscountess
May 23rd, 2012, 08:50 PM
Keeping pillows clean is not a weird question at all.

I slip my pillow inside an old t-shirt. Its soft and absorbent for any leaks and keeps my pillows from getting oily!

Viscountess
May 23rd, 2012, 08:51 PM
Keeping pillows clean is not a weird question at all.

I slip my pillow inside an old t-shirt. Its soft and absorbent for any leaks and keeps my pillows from getting oily!

kitcatsmeow
May 24th, 2012, 05:14 AM
I'm tempted to try this. I just started with CO and am not sure that will get castor oil out. I LOVE castor oil and use it all the time, but have never applied it to my hair.

How do you keep the pillow clean? (is that a weird question?!)

I don't use enough of it to get too messy. I just put a little on the pads of each finger tip and massage into my roots. It pretty much absorbs by the time I go to bed but I do wear a satin sleep cap so that keeps any residue off my pillows!

firegypsy
May 24th, 2012, 06:15 AM
thank you all. I'm going to try it out.