PDA

View Full Version : Haircut tomorrow!

cobden 28
May 23rd, 2012, 01:35 PM
I've finally decided to go have my waist-length hair cut tomorrow, and have booked myself an appointment:eek::(. But before anyone gasps with shock, it's only to have the split ends trimmed off, which is half an inch at the most. And I only have this done twice-yearly!

On the advice of my student daughter I've also changed my shampoo brand, as previously I had an incredibly itchy scalp most of the time. Daughter reccommends anything by L'Oreal to keep dry hair in good condition, so I'm following her advice.

joflakes
May 23rd, 2012, 02:35 PM
I hope the trim goes well! Not sure about L'Oreal but I know they test on animals...:(

cobden 28
May 23rd, 2012, 03:00 PM
It's a different branch of the same salon chain I went to previously where they did a good job. Daughter dyes her hair so often it's the consistency of straw so i needed advice on the best shampoo/con ditioner to use, and L'Oreal is what she says keeps her hair in reasonable condition.

Didn't realise L'Oreal test on animals though, otherwise I'd not have bought their products.

Can anyone reccommend a good quality shampoo & conditioner that's suitable for dry hair and isn't trsted on animals, please?

joflakes
May 23rd, 2012, 03:18 PM
It's a different branch of the same salon chain I went to previously where they did a good job. Daughter dyes her hair so often it's the consistency of straw so i needed advice on the best shampoo/conditioner to use, and L'Oreal is what she says keeps her hair in reasonable condition.

Didn't realise L'Oreal test on animals though, otherwise I'd not have bought their products.

Can anyone reccommend a good quality shampoo & conditioner that's suitable for dry hair and isn't trsted on animals, please?

I use this:

http://www.superdrug.com/haircare/superdrug-naturals-shampoo-coconut-sweet-almond-300ml/invt/332704/&bklist=

and the matching conditioner. All Superdrug own brand stuff is cruelty free. Here's a link so you can have a look!

http://www.superdrug.com/a-z-brands/superdrug/icat/superdrugownbrand/

Vampyria
May 23rd, 2012, 03:23 PM
It's a different branch of the same salon chain I went to previously where they did a good job. Daughter dyes her hair so often it's the consistency of straw so i needed advice on the best shampoo/con ditioner to use, and L'Oreal is what she says keeps her hair in reasonable condition.

Lavera has really good shampoos for dry hair and they don't test on animals. For the conditioner I wouldn't know, because I'm looking for new one myself. I was recommended Avalon Organics moisturizing conditioner. Urtekram also doesn't test and their conditioners have pretty good ingredients. I haven't looked into shampoos though.