PDA

View Full Version : Hair typing help?

detritus
July 29th, 2008, 02:57 PM
When I first came to LHC about a year ago I classified my hair as 1b but as I've started taking better care of it and as the bleached (and then henna'd) ends grow out I find my hair becoming more and more wavy. I haven't gained much length since I've been here since I've been focused mostly on growing out color and improving condition, but it's clear I'm having pretty substantial results!

This is my hair after a S&C and being allowed to air dry. No finger combing or anything. After I comb it out it tends to look straighter. The canopy is straighter than the underside, so I also included a photo of me lifting up the canopy. It's clear to me that 1b is wrong but I'm not sure exactly where on the straight/wavy spectrum I fall.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3170/2714237609_4f7ed5396f.jpg?v=0
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3177/2715050986_d2c6de4829.jpg?v=0

Euphony
July 29th, 2008, 03:10 PM
OOOOOOOOOO Look at the pretties! And I love your tattoo.

It looks like you might be working on the 2 range, 2a or possibly 2b. I never know, I'm so bad at typing. I pay a lot of attention to the people in the 2's and they seem to have such a huge range that look to me as incorrect many times according to their pictures, so I'm just lost. hahahaha I've come to the conclusion if there was a 2a/2b/2c category, I'd pick that one for me!

detritus
July 29th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Thanks! I get so frustrated with the two-toned thing that I forget that my hair is actually looking a lot healthier than it used to. Strange to think I might fall in the wavy range. I always used to complain about how "stick straight" my hair was -- turns out it was really just bone dry!

spidermom
July 29th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Right now I'd put you at 2A, but I think more length might bring more wave and maybe even a spiral or two.

Riot Crrl
July 29th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Maybe 2a/b... the future holds mysteries, though. It looks like it could start spiralling when longer.

detritus
July 29th, 2008, 03:55 PM
the future holds mysteries, though.

Doesn't it always?

2A sounds about right to me since most of the waviness disappears after combing. But maybe when all the bleach damage and henna is gone I can coax a few spirals out of it.

Riot Crrl
July 29th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Doesn't it always?

2A sounds about right to me since most of the waviness disappears after combing. But maybe when all the bleach damage and henna is gone I can coax a few spirals out of it.

You might not even have to wait that long. Now that you are treating it so nice, it may take only length to bring spirals. Most of my hair has been peroxided before, and it only took routine to go from 2c to 3a. But I did already have some length. I have never had SL and known better hair care at the same time, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have any spirals to speak of at SL, it's just curl pattern. My hair doesn't start curling at all until below my ears really.