PDA

View Full Version : Had a great salon experience today

SarahKayfa
May 23rd, 2012, 01:12 AM
I just wanted to share that I had a good hair cut today, since hairdressers/stylists can get a bit of a bad rap around here. My hair has entered mid- back no man's land, and has been a bit more tangly than normal, dry at the ends, and there's more splits than I can keep up with s&ding. Went to a walk-in place near my house and had a brief consult with the stylist. She complimented my hair's overall condition and suggested a few changes to my routine that might improve it. I told her that I'm getting married in a couple of months( we finally set a date!) and looking to keep as much length as possible. She suggested removing a single inch to get rid of all the damage and showed me exactly how much on her scissors. I didn't have my hair washed with shampoo or blow-dried, and I walked out with swingy, smooth hair and a bottle of argan oil. I also told her that I was planning on growing my hair indefinitely, and she said that with my texture I could really pull off the super long long look (normally people like to chop fine hair off or razor it to death.) Overall great experience. If you're in Denver, I'll pass on her name gladly.

thirstylocks
May 23rd, 2012, 04:26 AM
Yay for good hair experiences! Your hair looks like its in great condition.

Ticky
May 23rd, 2012, 04:45 AM
Glad you had a great experience! :)

SarahKayfa
May 23rd, 2012, 11:42 AM
Thanks Thirsty :)

BrightEyes
May 23rd, 2012, 05:50 PM
It's so good to hear of a good salon experience. We need more of them. Thanks for sharing:)

GlennaGirl
May 23rd, 2012, 06:49 PM
That sounds awesome! Isn't it nice to get pampered once in a while?

mzBANGBANG
May 23rd, 2012, 08:12 PM
Congrats on the wedding!!! I'm full-fledged over my salon-phobia after 2 great experiences from 2 different stylists at the same salon. Glad it went well for you, too!

jacqueline101
May 23rd, 2012, 08:30 PM
I'm glad you had a good salon experience.

Phexlyn
May 24th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Wow, I'd love a stylist like her! I'm glad you had such a great experience, she sounds really encouraging.

Congrats on your wedding date! :flower: