PDA

View Full Version : Gibson Tuck (made from Habiokus tutorial)

Kizuna
May 22nd, 2012, 12:25 PM
I made a Gibson Tuck hairstyle this Saturday for a tea party I was invited to.
I followed Habiokus youtube video which explained it very well! Thank you so much!
Since I liked the outcome of this hairstyle I thought I'd show you guys here at LHC.
I made the ponytail quite high on my head and I got a nice poof at the back. :D

Here's the link to the video! :)

http://youtu.be/g5JZOVnSjjE

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--HlByUzc61g/T7gnEpQD3bI/AAAAAAAAAaA/2rMvmzVS8aE/s1600/gibson+tuck.jpg

ladylowtide
May 22nd, 2012, 12:31 PM
Oh wow so pretty. I have seen that tutorial as well. But I could not get my hair to cooperate. I think another inch or two in my short layers and I could make it happen.

I also love your choice or an accessory. Goes beautifully with your color of hair and complexion.

Well done.

Neecola
May 22nd, 2012, 12:56 PM
I agree - great choice in hair style, clothing and accessory!

CastaDiva
May 22nd, 2012, 01:04 PM
My goodness, you look just like my sister!! Beautful hair, and I too really like your clothing and accessories:)

afu
May 22nd, 2012, 01:16 PM
Really beautiful :) I love this style on others but it never looks good on me - I don't think ive got the hair density to pull it off. Then again it could just be poor technique on my part! i'll have to try it again using that tutorial

white.chocolate
May 22nd, 2012, 01:23 PM
A truly elegant style! You look absolutely stunning. I love your rose clip!! I must give it a go, too. Thanks for sharing. :)

SakuraGirl
May 22nd, 2012, 01:26 PM
beautiful!
I do my gibson tucks differently though - I pull it through completely and keep looping it through until I run out of hair and then add a pretty flower. My avatar is a gibson tuck :)

lapushka
May 22nd, 2012, 01:37 PM
That's absolutely gorgeous! Love the flower accessory as well. :)

BrightEyes
May 22nd, 2012, 01:56 PM
Your Gibson tuck is beautiful! I love the flower too. You look so classy and elegant:)

afu
May 22nd, 2012, 02:01 PM
Sakuragirl thank you so much for sharing your technique, I've only ever seen the way kizuna did it and it never works on my hair because the underside of my hair isn't of high enough density to cover the hair in the pocket. I just tried your way and it came out perfect first time :) slightly different look but very lovely

fayeelizibeth
May 22nd, 2012, 02:30 PM
I have done this before but had no idea it had a name! :lol:

A few people were impressed by it last time I did it, I think I may do it again tomorrow :)

Kizuna
May 22nd, 2012, 03:19 PM
Thank you all for your lovely comments! :D
It's so nice to share things here, because I know you'll appriciate it (whilst my friends might not be interested at all, haha). :) Thank you all again!

beautiful!
I do my gibson tucks differently though - I pull it through completely and keep looping it through until I run out of hair and then add a pretty flower. My avatar is a gibson tuck :)

I will try this teqnicue too! Sometimes I'm surprised how easy some hairstyles are to make :) This is one of those that I thought would be hard but was kind of easy.

Libbylou
May 22nd, 2012, 03:52 PM
This is one of my go to hair styles. Hold very well through out the day.

jacqueline101
May 22nd, 2012, 04:36 PM
Its pretty I love the flower.

embee
May 22nd, 2012, 04:51 PM
That is *very pretty*, and if my hair were thicker I'd try it. I'll have to see about that other method, maybe it will work for me.

meishkamooshka
May 22nd, 2012, 04:56 PM
So pweeeety! I like your flower too!

RiotPrrl
May 22nd, 2012, 05:17 PM
Gorgeous! Love the flower!

shutterpillar
May 22nd, 2012, 06:53 PM
It looks very lovely!

Kizuna
May 23rd, 2012, 01:24 PM
This is one of my go to hair styles. Hold very well through out the day.

It holds very well! I was surprised how well it held and I was able to ride my bike with it and it still looked perfect when I arrived. :) It's a very nice style!

Thanks again for all sweet comments!

Safira
May 25th, 2012, 11:05 PM
I made a Gibson Tuck hairstyle this Saturday for a tea party I was invited to.
I followed Habiokus youtube video which explained it very well! Thank you so much!
Since I liked the outcome of this hairstyle I thought I'd show you guys here at LHC.
I made the ponytail quite high on my head and I got a nice poof at the back. :D

Here's the link to the video! :)

http://youtu.be/g5JZOVnSjjE

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--HlByUzc61g/T7gnEpQD3bI/AAAAAAAAAaA/2rMvmzVS8aE/s1600/gibson+tuck.jpg

I´ts amazing. Suits you perfeclty. I wish I coud do that.
Thank you for sharing!

ClassicalBlonde
May 25th, 2012, 11:48 PM
It looks great on you :) I love that clip!

firegypsy
May 26th, 2012, 06:26 AM
I do this often and accessorize only with dutch or rope braids down the sides before the tuck. Your way is SO MUCH easier and nicer! I love the addition of the flower. It suits you.

My hair is thin and I have to get it just right to work. Otherwise the pony sticks out through the hairs below as though it's trying to escape. lol.