PDA

View Full Version : Tresemme Naturals formula change

Mairéad
May 22nd, 2012, 10:03 AM
I was in the drugstore picking up a new conditioner now that all my local stores don't carry the old Triple Nutrition. I had used Tresemme Naturals Moisture before and really like it. It preformed well but there was one thing I didn't like about it. It contained isopropyl alcohol. Well, despite having used this conditioner numerous times, out of habit I turned it around and gave the ingredients a read, and to my surprise, no more isopropyl alcohol! Also, from what I can tell, the extracts are now higher on the list.

Here are the lists for comparison.

OLD

Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Carprylic/Capric Tryglerceride, Stearmidopropyl Diemthlyamine, Fragrance (Parfum) Lauroyl lysine, Carprylyl Glycol, Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi oil Copolymer,Aspartic acid, Distearyldimonium chloride, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) oil, Citric Acid, Alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, aloe barbadensis leaf juice.

NEW

Water,Carprylic/Capric Tryglerceride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol,Stearmidopropyl Diemthlyamine,Persea Gratissima (Avocado) oil, Aloe barbadensis leaf extract, Brassica Campestris/Aleurites, Fordi Oil Copolymer, Fragrance, Caprylyl, Glycol, Aspartic Acid, Lauroyl Lysine, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Benzyl Alchol, Centric Acid

The new one still provided the experience I expected based on use of the old formula, but I will say I have a lot more piece of mind now that that the isopropyl alcohol is gone.