PDA

View Full Version : light protein treatment?

Hollyfire3
May 21st, 2012, 02:55 PM
My hair is dry and brittle, please help! I just used a moisture treatment but I don't think it was enough, I am planning on using a light protein treatment for smoothing out and strength and then a moisture treatment to balance it. Homemade suggestions? I have aussie 3mm and a henna and placenta mask (I feel bad about using it but I bought it online without reading it all....so it needs to be used up) I have some various hair treatments, i just need some help deciding. As of now, my hair is brittle feeling and a bit poofy...the miracle shampoo and conditioner is still working but my hair was basically stripped by the pool (I washed once in the morning, went in the pool and then had to wash again, in the morning i had no idea I was going in the pool, but friends came over...) and needs some TLC. Thank you again!

afu
May 21st, 2012, 03:25 PM
Oh no :( how about just going a deep oiling and seeing how that goes? Can't recommend much on the protein front im afraid as my hair just hates it (which is odd as it is partly bleached)

heidi w.
May 21st, 2012, 04:42 PM
I would not suggest a protein treatment. You may need to clarify or chelate. They do have swimmer's shampoo. Have you ever seen it? It's essentially a clarify or chelate shampoo, effectively, to help remove chlorine in the hair from swimming in a pool.

Um, if you're swimming at home, I would double check the chemical levels. They could be a little too much. If it's a public pool, they often have to compensate for kids' peeing in the pool. Some public pools are better than others. I could show you some beautiful pools in California. For the first time in my life, when I was around 35, I traveled to the midwest. And one bleedingly hot day, we found a pool. I was stunned that it wasn't chlorinated, and the pool was super hot. No relief was found whatsoever. But I did have to take a long shower to get all the crud off of me. I guess they hadn't learned about germs or algae problems. It wasn't unlike swimming in a body of water filled with crap. It was a stunning experience. But we lived through it. -- and lived to tell the tale!!

heidi w.

heidi w.

Hollyfire3
May 21st, 2012, 06:12 PM
I would not suggest a protein treatment. You may need to clarify or chelate. They do have swimmer's shampoo. Have you ever seen it? It's essentially a clarify or chelate shampoo, effectively, to help remove chlorine in the hair from swimming in a pool.

Um, if you're swimming at home, I would double check the chemical levels. They could be a little too much. If it's a public pool, they often have to compensate for kids' peeing in the pool. Some public pools are better than others. I could show you some beautiful pools in California. For the first time in my life, when I was around 35, I traveled to the midwest. And one bleedingly hot day, we found a pool. I was stunned that it wasn't chlorinated, and the pool was super hot. No relief was found whatsoever. But I did have to take a long shower to get all the crud off of me. I guess they hadn't learned about germs or algae problems. It wasn't unlike swimming in a body of water filled with crap. It was a stunning experience. But we lived through it. -- and lived to tell the tale!!

heidi w.

heidi w.

I have a chealating shampoo, but my hair hates it with a passion, I only swam once, so I don't think its the pool, but it might be? I'm sorry about the icky pool, it happens, glad you surivied lol!

Hollyfire3
May 21st, 2012, 06:14 PM
Oh no :( how about just going a deep oiling and seeing how that goes? Can't recommend much on the protein front im afraid as my hair just hates it (which is odd as it is partly bleached)

My hair hates coconut and I just ran out of olive oil...not sure I have any other oils sadly, I might just CWC and see how it goes?

afu
May 21st, 2012, 06:22 PM
My hair hates coconut and I just ran out of olive oil...not sure I have any other oils sadly, I might just CWC and see how it goes?
might be a good idea, if your normal shampoo and conditoner usually work really well it is probably best just to give them time to correct your hair again, if after a few washes things don't improve them try a new treatment to get things back on track. If my hair suddenly goes wild I am so tempted to jump in with a treatment but it usually works out better if i just continue with my normal routine. The thing with trying something new is that you could end up in a situation trying to correct for the pool incident as well as a bad reaction to a treatment

Hollyfire3
May 21st, 2012, 06:44 PM
might be a good idea, if your normal shampoo and conditoner usually work really well it is probably best just to give them time to correct your hair again, if after a few washes things don't improve them try a new treatment to get things back on track. If my hair suddenly goes wild I am so tempted to jump in with a treatment but it usually works out better if i just continue with my normal routine. The thing with trying something new is that you could end up in a situation trying to correct for the pool incident as well as a bad reaction to a treatment

Opps...I really should have read this before washing my hair...i ended up doing a hot oil treatment (hask) and now my hair is heavy..most likely will be terrible when dry sadly. My hair is the best when dry when its smooth and nice when wet, I know its a matter of just getting back on track, tempted to just clarify and start over if this hot oil didn't work...so annoying and I'm SO impatient and ALWAYS make it worse, so if this is bad, its my fault but...hopefully it'll all go back on track eventually.....