PDA

View Full Version : Calling all 2b-3a hair types!

MonkeyMagic
May 21st, 2012, 09:56 AM
Hello fellow hairtypes! My question for you is what kind of bun/updo gives the best bun waves when you take it down later. I've noticed that some of the suggestion given by other hairtypes leave my hair in a mess when taken down rather than beautiful waves I know our hairtype is capable of achieving. I also thought it would be nice too keep all the suggestions in one thread so it would be easy to find new ideas for later. Also, pictures never hurt, so if you have them leave them!:D

fridgee
May 21st, 2012, 10:52 AM
For me it's dutch plait (strangely better than French plait) or 2 French plaits and French rope plait. Waves/curls from buns never turn out nicely for me.

spidermom
May 21st, 2012, 10:54 AM
Buns that start with rope braiding give the prettiest results for me.

LadyCelestina
May 21st, 2012, 10:56 AM
Two normal english braids for me!

door72067
May 21st, 2012, 10:58 AM
2 french braids work best for me

I've never had successful (read: wearable) waves from any bun {yet}

lunalocks
May 21st, 2012, 11:20 AM
Seashell bun on top of the head - it's the best, after 1 to 2 drops of mineral oil. 2 rope braids, bunned, is good too, but not as good as the seashell.

Firefly
May 22nd, 2012, 07:00 AM
I've never had luck with bun waves... it always winds up looking messy or like I slept on it funny. :rolleyes: I do however get great results with a single rope braid. It seems to compliment my natural wave pattern perfectly. YMMV!

afu
May 22nd, 2012, 07:03 AM
Another fan of the french rope braid here, its the only updo that gives anywhere near close to my natural pattern

marykatz
May 22nd, 2012, 07:10 AM
Hair wrapping (a technique linked in one of the styling without heat threads) gave me the nicest waves but the amount of bobby pins needed to keep it in place makes it hard for me to want to repeat it. There was a lot of hair in the sink when I took it down and I am afraid the bobby pins broke too much hair to make it worth while. So I recommend with extreme caution.