PDA

View Full Version : hairstyle to keep it out of my face!

Sammie_holms
May 21st, 2012, 08:16 AM
So I don't know if this has been done before but being a part of the APL hair group right now, I feel like I am in the awkward stages. My hair is long enough to put into a ponytail but the layers are too short to braid. Plus stupid bangs. I am trying not to use heat, so it is really hard for my natural wavy to obey me.

I guess what I am looking for is support and motivation because I am in a rut. I need a hairstyle for the summer that keeps my hair out of my face and off my back. Plus looks pretty :).

Thank you all so much for your help and support.

spidermom
May 21st, 2012, 08:53 AM
Scarves and head-bands. Lace braids. Pretty decorated bobby-pins.

Iolanthe13
May 21st, 2012, 08:55 AM
So I don't know if this has been done before but being a part of the APL hair group right now, I feel like I am in the awkward stages. My hair is long enough to put into a ponytail but the layers are too short to braid. Plus stupid bangs. I am trying not to use heat, so it is really hard for my natural wavy to obey me.

I guess what I am looking for is support and motivation because I am in a rut. I need a hairstyle for the summer that keeps my hair out of my face and off my back. Plus looks pretty :).

Thank you all so much for your help and support.

Have you tried a fairly tight French braid? I'm somewhere closer to BSL, but with face-framing layers, and a French braid keeps them out of the way all day if necessary. If your hair is long enough for a ponytail, you might be able to make it work.

Madora
May 21st, 2012, 08:56 AM
Perhaps this might help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ

brave
May 21st, 2012, 08:57 AM
Try a crown braid? we have the same length and I also have layers but this seems to be working well. Somewhere I saw a YouTube tutorial but it was basically a Dutch braid that only added hair into the middle strand, done all around the head. With layers it looks a little messy, but intentionally.

Carissamarie08
May 21st, 2012, 09:01 AM
Madora that is a great video I like the style!

Madora
May 21st, 2012, 01:29 PM
Madora that is a great video I like the style!

Yes, Carissamarie08, it's a wonderful tutorial. What I like about it is that it's easy to do and can be used on short as well as longer hair. Also, while it uses a lace two strand approach, you get a "feel" for the adding in technique, which can be very helpful when learning a lace 3 strand crown braid.

BunnyWabbit
May 21st, 2012, 02:38 PM
Perhaps this might help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ

I like her videos a lot. In fact I book marked a couple other ones today already! I think a lot of her braids are pretty simple, I just need to get a feel for doing them.

BlazingHeart
May 21st, 2012, 04:57 PM
If your hair is thick in the front like mine, bobby pins are kind of annoying because you need tons of them to hold everything. I prefer snap clips, especially if I can find the big ones. I found some 4" ones at the Dollar Tree that I love, though the decorative enamel-looking stuff is fragile.

~Blaze

luxepiggy
May 21st, 2012, 05:12 PM
What about a french twist?

jacqueline101
June 3rd, 2012, 08:04 PM
I second the french twist.