PDA

View Full Version : Finiky Hair

Tawnylioness
May 21st, 2012, 02:17 AM
i just had another question for all you hair experts, after i wash my hair ( cwc with chem free shampoo and condish, and mineral oil afterwards ) my hair is very nice, flat and feels great for a day or two afterward, but then very quickly goes dry and poofy...i only wash twice a week...due to being worried about damaging the wash causes....do you think i need to up it to 3 times a week? My hair seems to be a moisture sponge :P

IvanaGil
May 21st, 2012, 02:27 AM
The same thing happens to me. I'm not quite sure why, but the greasier my scalp gets, the drier and crispier my length becomes. Like you, after a wash, my hair is super soft and silky. Even if I oil it, it doesn't help the frizz.
Any suggestions?

Carissamarie08
May 21st, 2012, 02:31 AM
Happens to me also...looks like it happens to many of us.

Mononoke
May 21st, 2012, 02:34 AM
Same here!

Katze
May 21st, 2012, 02:54 AM
My hair used to do that a lot, and still does if it is unhappy with what I am doing to it. :)

Do you use leave-ins? I am not sure about mineral oil - perhaps there is something I don't know, but I would suspect that that is not the best way for your hair to get moisture.

I am also a finey, wavier than you so my hair needs a lot of moisture. If I use shampoo, then I put leave-in into the ends and length quite a few times after washing. I usually wash every 3-5 days, though since I have been doing WO, sometimes every 2, and less leave-ins necessary.

Fine and wavy hair (I wonder if yours might be wavier than you think?) is some of the hardest hairtypes to take care of. Mine never seems to be fully satisfied!

good luck!