PDA

View Full Version : pixie to goal, no trims - which measurement should I use?

wishywashy
May 20th, 2012, 10:34 AM
My last hair cut was Feb 2011, a pixie. I started growing it back out since then. I have had no cuts or trims since then.

I had a serious mullet for awhile, but now my hair is getting longer and I do not plan on cutting or trimming until at least waist, but may not do anything until I reach my goal.

Now that my bottom hair is creeping toward APL (hopefully by july 2012), and my top hair is a little past shoulder...I'm wondering if I could include all the hair as my length.....

When I measure my top hair, it is 11.5", if I measure front and down my back to include all the hair, it is double that.

I want to use the longer length obviously...but kind of feel like that is cheating :p but my situation is a little different as I do not plan to cut at all.

Any suggestions/thought/opinions? Thanks!

afu
May 20th, 2012, 10:38 AM
most people measure from hairline to the bottom of the longest layer :)

wishywashy
May 20th, 2012, 10:41 AM
yay, thanks! I like that answer! :cheese:

seven77
May 20th, 2012, 10:55 AM
I'm growing out a pixie and not cutting the mullet, I want to see how it looks once it's grown out, I can't find any pics on the net cause most people cut the mullet.
Can you post a pic? I'm a newbie so I'm not sure I'd be able to see it :/
But I'm real curious how post pixie mullet looks once it hits the shoulders and beyond. Is it really thin? Does it look just like normal layered hair?

browneyedsusan
May 20th, 2012, 11:01 AM
I'm with seven77. Mullet heads unite! :rockerdud

wishywashy
May 20th, 2012, 12:23 PM
sure! let me gather up some pics of the awkward phases and pics what it look like now.

seven77
May 20th, 2012, 12:31 PM
That would be much appreciated :D

Pixie0763
May 21st, 2012, 01:57 PM
My hair was in a pixie. My avatar is how it looked in March. It may be an inch longer since then? I haven't trimmed/cut whatsoever. My hair is so dark, I'm not sure it helps you any?

seven77
May 26th, 2012, 02:50 PM
My hair was in a pixie. My avatar is how it looked in March. It may be an inch longer since then? I haven't trimmed/cut whatsoever. My hair is so dark, I'm not sure it helps you any?

ahh it is dark, but it looks nice :D