PDA

View Full Version : Washing MF Hair Towel?

somethingwicked
May 20th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Hey, guys, I did a search, but you can punch me if I missed something obvious :) I've heard of the magic of microfiber towels for drying hair, and I finally broke down and bought a "hair towel" from Marshalls this weekend. My question is, how does everyone who uses these wash them? I always used them on the cars, then for dusting when they get too ratty to touch my precious paintjobs. The car towels I wash Cold/Cold with a special towel wash if lightly soiled, sometime Warm/Hot if they were particularly crusted with wax. The towels that were retired to household dust towels get tossed in with the rest of the cleaning rags on whatever settings. Are there any special steps to keep these kinds of towels effective for hair? LOL, does it even matter? I like to wash bathroom towels Hot to kill any moisture fed funk, but with my experience using these as prized detail rags on cars, I'm probably overthinking the care and feeding.

swearnsue
May 20th, 2012, 09:27 AM
I've had my microfiber towel for about 15 years and all I do is wash with regular towels or whites, hot wash maybe a little bleach and no fabric softener. The fabric softener makes the towel much less absorbent, but if you forget and add softener it will just wash out next time you wash it. Even though it is a soft towel, do not rub your hair with it. Just thought I'd add that last bit but you probably already know that.

somethingwicked
May 20th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Thanks! gonna go wash it now, I'm anxious to give it a try. I couldn't imagine using it when my hair was long, because I know how creepy sticky they can be, it kind of made me shudder. Now I'm super short and growing out again, it seems like the perfect time to try. I'm still in the habit of not rubbing with a towel from having length, but it gets so tempting with a shorter crop, since water drips in my face, I was especially hoping the MF might help with that.

Thanks again, off to wash the discount store funk out of my new toy :)

BrightEyes
May 20th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I wash mine with my regular towels too. So far, I've had no problems.

It's funny that you mentioned how they can be sticky. That makes me shudder too lol!!