PDA

View Full Version : Summer ball hair

afu
May 19th, 2012, 03:49 PM
A week tomorrow I am going to a summer ball at my old university, and i would very much like the advice of my LHC ladies in planning an updo.

I am thinking of wearing my hair down to begin with and will probably put it up later on as it starts to annoy me (the ball starts at 9pm and ends about 6am). If it is rainy I will put it up from the begining.

For the loose part, i am considering straightening my hair (gasp!!). This is for several reasons. 1) Pre-LHC i used to straighten almost daily, I havn't done so in 6 months so it would allow me to compare my progress. 2) my hair can look amazing curly, but it's often unpredictable. 3) When curly my hair is just past bsl, straight it will probably be just a little away from waist.

What i really need your help with is choosing an updo. I only started bunning recently so all my buns have been very casual. I am willing to experiment/learn with any suggestions. I have a blunt fringe and a middle part normally. I would like to avoid using bobby pins, if things go to plan and my etsy orders reach the UK in time i should have 2X 3" forks/combs, 2X 5" acrylic hairsticks and 1X 5.5" horn stick topped with a dragonfly to choose from. I also have a 4" DPN.

Any suggestions are very welcome and gratefully received :) let the experimentation begin

lapushka
May 19th, 2012, 04:17 PM
A lazy wrap bun or a nautilus would be nice, I think. Also, check out the articles section for updo ideas!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=category&categoryid=1

sibiryachka
May 19th, 2012, 04:43 PM
What will you be wearing?

afu
May 19th, 2012, 05:01 PM
I will be wearing a lilac/blue cocktail dress made of material which is all kind of ruched up, I will try and get a picture up as i have worn it before