PDA

View Full Version : Shedding hair caught on clothes?

Rocky
May 19th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Hey everyone I've read through a couple of threads already about annoying shed hairs but I always seem to find shed hairs stuck under my arms. I have to wear a suit jacket for school and am constantly finding loads of shed hairs stuck on the underarms of the jacket. Anyone else find this? Any things you do to reduce shedding?

TIA,
Rocky :)

Madora
May 19th, 2012, 01:46 PM
A good brushing every day. If you don't want to brush, then a good combing. In either event, be sure to detangle gently before each process.

Wearing your hair up helps too.

CareBear
May 19th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Lol mine come out of the dryer like this. Knots of hair caught all over and woven through the fabric.

cwarren
May 19th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Lol mine come out of the dryer like this. Knots of hair caught all over and woven through the fabric.

Same here. It helps when I detangle daily (which I hate doing).

newbeginning
May 19th, 2012, 03:47 PM

Me too. Also the hairs seem impossible to get out of the fabric once they're woven in.

jeanniet
May 19th, 2012, 04:09 PM
It's just kind of par for the course. A good combing or brushing in the morning before you get dressed will help, but you still shed throughout the day. Having your hair up in a bun will lessen the number of shed hairs that fall on your clothes, though, so if you don't put your hair up you might want to start.

Rocky
May 20th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Thank you for the replies! I think I'll have to start doing more buns and braids then. I usually finger comb in the shower - combing, even with a wide tooth comb, seems to make my hair extra frizzy.

Jing
May 20th, 2012, 12:17 PM
I mostly find them on socks after the laundry is done. When you comb/brush, make sure to catch and gather the sheds and check over yourself so you don't bring those hairs with you.

Fairlight63
May 20th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I have the same problem with a sweater that I wear in the winter. There is something about that material that attracts hairs like you would not believe!

somethingwicked
May 21st, 2012, 09:18 AM
Hah, I was just thinking about this! When I visit this forum I always start getting jealous of everyone's long beautiful hair, and can't wait for mine to grow back but I DON'T miss the giant wads of shed hair in the sweater armpits :)

Bagginslover
May 21st, 2012, 09:20 AM
I have one cardigan that seems to grow its own hairs-it always has that many!! They are all under the arms, I check every few hours when wearing it, and there is always more, even if my hair is up! Its crazy!

dwell_in_safety
May 21st, 2012, 12:13 PM
I had the worst time at work this morning with shed hair tickling my arms, and that is with my hair up, and in a braid at that! Just par for the course with long hair, I suppose. It's one trade off I consider worthy.

BlazingHeart
May 21st, 2012, 04:53 PM
You might also want to think about the material you're wearing. Smoother fabrics grab less hair. If you have pilling in the fabric, that's a great hair-catcher. If it's a school uniform jacket, I get that you're probably limited in what you can do about it. I remember I had a horrid uniform blazer in 8th grade, and even finding one in the right color and size was terrible, there was no option on fabric because we only found ONE in my size. Hopefully, you aren't stuck in the same situation!

~Blaze