PDA

View Full Version : BSL for Birthday? :-) (Pictures)

Dreamers91
May 19th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Hello everyone! So, my birthday is on May 23, and I've been wishing to have BSL by my birthday (was originally Christmas, but that didn't happen :( ) Anyways, does this look like BSL to you? (Sorry for the bad quality, had to take with iPad because I couldn't find camera batteries :P)
http://i45.tinypic.com/30vylis.jpg

Also, I asked my mother to buy me a wide-toothed comb at the store, and she brought back this. Is this okay to use, or should I return it?
http://i50.tinypic.com/fwovb8.jpg

Dovetail
May 19th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Your hair is very lovely (so shinny *.*)
I think it looks BSL, and maybe even a few more inches until you're at your waist! I'm no expert though.
I don't have any advice about the comb though, I did read on here somewhere that the molded plastic kind can have burrs that snag your hair, so you might want to check the tines (or prongs or whatever they are) Hopefully someone on here is more useful then me~

Dreamers91
May 19th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Your hair is very lovely (so shinny *.*)
I think it looks BSL, and maybe even a few more inches until you're at your waist! I'm no expert though.
I don't have any advice about the comb though, I did read on here somewhere that the molded plastic kind can have burrs that snag your hair, so you might want to check the tines (or prongs or whatever they are) Hopefully someone on here is more useful then me~

Thank you! Hadn't washed it in a couple of days, so maybe that's why it is so shiny! Lol

lapushka
May 19th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Yeah I think that's BSL - congrats! :)

Ticky
May 19th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Looks like BSL to me, too :) very pretty!

Dreamers91
May 19th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Yeah I think that's BSL - congrats! :)

Looks like BSL to me, too :) very pretty!

Thanks you guys! :cheese: What do you think about this comb?

Ticky
May 19th, 2012, 01:50 PM
The comb looks kind of okay to me, but I don't pay much attention to those things. I figure if it feels fine and doesn't rip the hair out of my head, I will use it :D (yep, probably not the best person to talk about combs :o) *waiting for someone who knows more about it to come along and enlighten us*

ETA: Oh, and (early) happy birthday :)

ladyfey
May 19th, 2012, 01:53 PM
The thing with alot of plastic combs is that they have a seam going around them. The seam is rough and can cause some damage. There are seamless plastic combs available, so check for rough seams and see what you think of the comb.

Dreamers91
May 19th, 2012, 01:56 PM
The thing with alot of plastic combs is that they have a seam going around them. The seam is rough and can cause some damage. There are seamless plastic combs available, so check for rough seams and see what you think of the comb.
It doesn't appear to have any seams (except one, which I can get rid of), and glides through my hair easily. I was just worried because it isn't very wide.

Honeyfall
May 19th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Congrats on reaching BSL, your hair looks so soft and pretty!

I wouldn't worry about the comb too much, I have two that look exactly like yours and I use them pretty often.

lapushka
May 19th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Thanks you guys! :cheese: What do you think about this comb?

I think it looks okay for primping and preening, but it's not wide toothed enough for detangling, IMO.

AMW
May 19th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Hi, your hair looks great! About the comb ... I would not use that one since it is not wide enough. I like the shower combs better. I got mine at sallys. It depends on the type of hair I guess!

BrightEyes
May 19th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Your hair is beautiful! It looks so soft and silky. I'd say it's BSL. Congrats and Happy Birthday!:D

Dreamers91
May 19th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Your hair is beautiful! It looks so soft and silky. I'd say it's BSL. Congrats and Happy Birthday!:D
Thank you! and I swear it never looks soft and silky in person :p

Falcore
May 19th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Happy Birthday and yay for reaching BSL! :)

PixxieStix
May 19th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Congratulations on reaching BSL! Your hair looks so pretty. ^_^ I personally use a wider tooth comb than the one you pictured and got it at Sally's Beauty Supply. It's plastic, and will do just fine for me until I can afford to get one of Grah-toe's handmade wood detangling combs. :cloud9: