PDA

View Full Version : Big Hair update! (Pic heavy)

DBBramble
May 18th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Just thought I would update you lovelies on my hair.

Back when i joined long ago it looked like this:

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r488/DamanaRose/Hair%20and%20Eyes/003.jpg

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r488/DamanaRose/Hair%20and%20Eyes/Hair.jpg

Then in May of 2011 this happened

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r488/DamanaRose/Hair%20and%20Eyes/Brush_Hair.jpg

Now about a year later...

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r488/DamanaRose/Hair%20and%20Eyes/Me008.jpg

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r488/DamanaRose/Hair%20and%20Eyes/Me009.jpg

(My hair is damp in these last two)
As you can tell it's not been the best year but my hair is slowly slowly coming back..so..ladies and gents...any suggestions on what to do with this hot mess on my head?

And just in case you're curious

my eyes

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r488/DamanaRose/Hair%20and%20Eyes/Eyes.jpg

Falcore
May 18th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Did your hair get razored back in May?

Yes, it's a slow and working progress but a fun journey to be on :)

DBBramble
May 18th, 2012, 08:23 PM
No it had thinned and fallen out due to medication side effects

icallitbliss
May 18th, 2012, 08:25 PM
No it had thinned and fallen out due to medication side effects

Do you have an option to stop taking those medications?

beachgirlla
May 18th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Don't worry, just try to get healthy and relax, the more stress you have the more it will affect your hair, this is not something in your control, not like the way I hurt my hair by abusing it chemically and with every other abusive thing you can imagine, it can happen to anyone, anytime, your hair was beautiful, you have the genes for it :), you should relax as very soon your hair will look amazing as before.
Why don't you have it trimmed a bit now so you can enjoy a better cut and move slowly to longer hair :)

AnnaJamila
May 18th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Oh my goodness you have lovely eyes! And hair for that matter. :) Were I in your place I would trim it as short as you're comfortable taking it and do daily scalp massage while maintaining that length until it's of a uniform thickness, then start the process again. Or you could also do a buzz and see how you like your virgin hair.

I don't mean to pry but did your hair grow back curly? I had a dear friend who went into chemo with straight, medium brown hair and came out the other side with curly black hair.

Falcore
May 18th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Oh.. Sorry to hear :(

I've heard people have good results with a good a multi vitamin supplement and whey protein drinks. That may help?

Is it just me but looking at your last photos it looks like you have some waves coming through too

P.S Love the pic of your eyes too :)

DBBramble
May 18th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Thank you lovelies!

To give you a bit of background on my hair (and hopefully NOT confuse you in the process)

I was born with straight blonde hair The last time it was this short was 2nd or 3rd grade and I'm in my second year of college.

I had some medical issues at the end of 2010 and all through 2011 (Not a good year)
One of the meds I was put on the help with these issues was Prednisone which one of the side effects IS hair loss.. Something I didn't know about. I was warned about possible biological ones but not my hair.

Well having such long hair (as you can see) it would shed fairly easy so I thought nothing of it until my mother came down the end of way and saw that had happened to my hair.

So in an effort to make it look a bit more....normal (it was tragically thin) she cut it chin length from nearly waist length (5`1 for those that are curious to the hair to height ratio). I couldn't STAND her cutting anymore so I just left it as is.

The hair that is growing back is THICK and wavy for now.. at least until gravity tugs it out.

PixxieStix
May 18th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Your hair is definitely coming back, but it looks like you have some waves/curl now! I would personally get it cut into a style as short as you are comfortable going with, and find a hair dresser that can help keep it looking alright as it grows out.

When my hair was too short to pull back into a ponytail, head bands were my best friend. And pig tails.

kidari
May 18th, 2012, 10:56 PM
You have really pretty eyes and gorgeous hair. I'm so sorry about your health and the medication causing the hair loss. Most importantly, I hope your health is better. Secondly, about your hair, I think it's a smart move to have cut shorter for now. I think it's best to let it grow out in one length and enjoy your hair shorter and curlier. New fresh start.

DBBramble
May 18th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Thank you. My hair is currently at the top of my back and most if it seems to be filling in nicely I'll give it another month or two before I get the thin ends trimmed up just to give everything a chance to settle.

Bunnysaur
May 19th, 2012, 01:56 AM
I can't see the pictures :( I get a little box where they should be with an error message saying the pic has been moved or deleted from the hosting service.

lapushka
May 19th, 2012, 07:00 AM
I can't see the pictures :( I get a little box where they should be with an error message saying the pic has been moved or deleted from the hosting service.

Same here.

DBBramble
May 19th, 2012, 01:44 PM
No worries lovelies.. Let me update the links and see if that fixes the problem.

lapushka
May 19th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Oh my gosh, you've been through a lot. I'm glad it's growing back, though. It looks so much better in the last few pictures. Looks to me like you've got a bit of a wave / curl going on in front. Maybe try and enhance that, see what happens?

xnibn
May 19th, 2012, 03:13 PM
I hope your feeling better, prednisone is the evil nessesary ,but hair grows , and your health is more important

DBBramble
May 19th, 2012, 03:53 PM
@ Shka. I've been tempted to. My mom even suggested I do some type of crazy colored streak or two just to do something different.

@ nx: Yes it's an evil evil thing...but I just took my last dose today *happy dance* I'm also going to start taking a liquid vitamin (it's got biotin in it for hair and nail) so once the sone is all out of my system we'll see what my hair does.. Momma suggests I let it continue to grow out a little while longer. I think that would be the best bet for now...

Thank you lovelies for your thoughts and well wishes!

*hugs you all*

BB

Kizuna
May 19th, 2012, 05:15 PM
I wish you the best of luck growin it out again! :D You seem to have been through the roughest part now and if you're not on the meds anymore is should get better! :) I really like those curls!

Bunnysaur
May 19th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Oh wow! Your hair definitely does look a lot thicker and healthier.
Thanks for letting me know the pics had been fixed :)

jacqueline101
June 3rd, 2012, 08:15 PM
I'd try monistat.

onlyforhim
June 9th, 2012, 03:44 AM
It is getting thicker from the top. In no time you will find it back to its same old thickness.

curlymarcia
June 9th, 2012, 01:29 PM
First, I hope you are better now! And it looks like your hair is getting thicker :)

AnqeIicDemise
June 9th, 2012, 05:33 PM
I, for one, am envious of those curls/waves. They're beautiful. I am not, however, jealous of how they came to be.

I'd say trim if you can stand it to get the thin, straight bits to even out with the wurls. If you can't, then just tie it up and forget it until you CAN stand to trim and go from there. Embrace the wurliness, they're so lively!

Littlewing13
June 9th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Personally, I would cut it into a cute short cut (pixie or layered bob), and then grow it from where it starts to come in thicker. You have very pretty eyes :)

DBBramble
June 9th, 2012, 08:45 PM
^__^ thank you for the comments! I figured my little thread had been forgotten about! lol

Most of my hair will stay up with the use of a hair stick now. The bottom layer is still funky and won't stay but that's okay.. If I get batteries for my camera I'll update my pictures to show y`all.

*hugs*
BB